Alcohol Drink Talk

Options

Replies

• BigReddHair
    Options
    I recently cut out alcohol completely and I think your body will thank you for it. While some people claim "wine is good for the heart", so is omega-3 and other vitamins, which will overall produce better benefits. I think ANYbody that is SERIOUS about losing weight will completely cut out alcohol. Afterall...it's just empty, wasted calories!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Never read such complete tosh in all my life. I drink Guinness and like the taste of it whether sipped or glugged. It's probably the most bitter beer there is. Can't say i spent years gagging on it trying to acquire a taste for it.

Scientifically proven my *kitten*.......
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm having a glass for everyone who posts to this right now.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I drink wine but only rose as it's sweet.
    So it kinda goes with your argument but also against it as things like wine/whiskey/scotch have different flavours and some people prefer those flavours to a flavoured vodka or alchopop.

For me flavoured vodka's are vile. The flavour is too manufactured and I can't drink too much of them. Very sickly.

I'm not a snob though, I don't go round sniffing my wine saying it smells like 'freshly mown grass' etc. Those people do annoy me. :P
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Maximus... seems like your little post is quite controversial. LOL!!
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Options

Of urine?

I like my urine w/ wine
  • Dee120hb
    Dee120hb Posts: 24
    Options
    lol thats gross
  • yaddayaddayadda
    Options
    Be careful... its scientifically proven that if you drink your own urine repeatedly, you will become a urine snob.:sick: :laugh:
  • yaddayaddayadda
    Options

Of urine?

I like my urine w/ wine

What is the calorie count for that drink? Make sure you include it in your log:drinker:
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Options

Of urine?

I like my urine w/ wine

What is the calorie count for that drink? Make sure you include it in your log:drinker:

5 calories a cup, so I'm good.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sorry can't agree with you! :)

I prefer savory to sweet, I hate pepsi and only drink diet coke. I only drink lager, dry wine or vodka and diet coke. maybe I am an exception to your rule?
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think your argument would be helped with a few references to make it sound less bilious. Maybe something about how having a sweet tooth is common across primate groups (eg http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0047248406002107). However you haven't acknowledged that people also can taste other flavors (bitter, salty, etc) just as well as sweet and in certain cases (coffee, ale, beer, what have you) might prefer bitterness over the others. Back to the drawing board with your hypothesis perhaps?
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sorry can't agree with you! :)

I prefer savory to sweet, I hate pepsi and only drink diet coke. I only drink lager, dry wine or vodka and diet coke. maybe I am an exception to your rule?

No.
    lol why???
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I drink wine but only rose as it's sweet.
    So it kinda goes with your argument but also against it as things like wine/whiskey/scotch have different flavours and some people prefer those flavours to a flavoured vodka or alchopop.

For me flavoured vodka's are vile. The flavour is too manufactured and I can't drink too much of them. Very sickly.

I'm not a snob though, I don't go round sniffing my wine saying it smells like 'freshly mown grass' etc. Those people do annoy me. :P

Bourbons can be sweet.

Yes they can, I know alot of people that don't like whiskey but like bourbon. I get your point. I just don't do sweet drinks. :)