My Intermittent Fasting Experience

Options
I've been using IF since the middle of July and I've lost 28 lbs., but more importantly my Body Fat % is going down... for years I believed the "Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day" Mantra. But I was never hungry in the morning, so I had to force myself to eat breakfast. This also led to me never being satisfied with the amount of Dinner I allowed myself, in order to stay within my calorie "allowance"... and I wasn't losing any weight... it's funny how you can fool yourself with how much you think you're eating and how much you're really eating.
Anyway, I decided to listen to my body and stopped eating breakfast, having 2 glasses of water and a couple cups of black coffee instead. I had lunch at noon and dinner at 5:30 and that was fine... no ill effects that I was aware of... the pounds started coming off and people were noticing and asking questions... I told them what I was doing and one person mentions Intermittent Fasting, which I had never heard of before... but the description fit perfectly... so some days I'm doing 18:6 and other days I do 16:8, if I feel like a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter before bed.
on the weekends I pretty much do the same, but without any tracking or real restrictions... So to summarize... Intermittent Fasting was a natural for me and very sustainable... Listen to your body, but know the difference between psychological hunger and physiological hunger. (Hint: If you've eaten a meal today, most likely you're not 'hungry', maybe bored.) that's my experience, your mileage may vary.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When you reach your goal weight, will you continue with IF?
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When you reach your goal weight, will you continue with IF?

Most likely... it comes naturally to me
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks in and love it. It is a much more natural way of eating for me. I am eating breakfast and lunch, and skipping dinner...18:6. Lately, I had just been eating dinner, because it was dinner time, not because I was hungry. I enjoy my breakfast and lunch even more now, and the larger meals that I'm able have when I do eat.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using IF since about July as well and like the OP breakfast is an easy meal for me to skip. My eating window is between 12-8 PM. I’d already reached my goal weight so I’m not following this eating pattern for weight loss but rather the health benefits it’s supposed to give. The only real tweaks to what I was often doing before is to be more selective with my beverages during my fasted state, e.g. black coffee instead of creamer and sweetener.