how long until people notice?

Just wondering how long it usually takes people to notice you have lost weight?

I have gone from 96.7kilos down to 87 so still have a long way to go, but just wondering?

Any wonderful experiences out there?

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    20 pounds lol and even then people still don't notice the majority of the time
  • VelleEstPosse
    VelleEstPosse Posts: 8 Member
    To be honest, it took a while for people to notice the weight loss for me. Longer than I had expected anyway. I lost 3 stone before people started mentioning how well I had done, but they say if you see someone everyday then they won't notice the changes so much. :) xx
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    they won't notice the changes so much. :) xx

exactly lol
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 788 Member
    I have lost 27 to 28 pounds (I have no idea how many kilos that is), and I haven't really had anyone notice yet. :(
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    I only lost 2 lbs and 2 people have already mentioned they noticed my stomach was going down :)
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    For me, it was almost immediate. I lost 5 lbs and people noticed. Maybe it was because I lost all that weight from my face.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    If they see you everyday, it can take quite awhile. You will be changing little by little. One day (in my case, 46 pounds down the road) they look at you funny and say, ''Have you lost weight?" To which I just smile & say, "Yep!"

Don't get discouraged if no one says anything. This is for you, not them.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    People started making comments about weightloss when my face started changing, prolly about 30-40 lbs into it
  • People who see you often wil probably take a while to notice, but those who haven't seen you in a week or 2 should be able to tell that you look different since they saw you last.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Depends on when was the last time they saw you.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Heck, I couldn't really tell the difference at first until I took a picture. When people haven't seen you in a while and then they see you after the weight loss, they will notice.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    I think it depends on how much a person has to lose. If you have 20 lbs to lose, people will notice quickly. Whereas if you have 80 lbs to lose, it will take longer for someone to be able to tell just by looking at you.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    I think it depends on the last time they saw you, especially if its been a while. My guess would be 20lbs, because thats a dress size or two difference. I have lost 23 lbs which is a little over 10 kilograms, and people are just starting to say something.