Doing it all and nothing happening!!!!

Options
Fitness Pals!
I am just so frustrated.......I truly work out like 5 days a week. 45 or more of cardio and some strength training, counting calories on the site and i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem in limbo. The weight just wont move!!!! I didnt exercise yesterday, ate in range and scale was up 1.5 today!!!!! I want to scream. I am off to the gym again but my heart is broken!!!! I was sooo successful when I was 53. I successfully lost almost 50 on WW. Now I have gained over 10 in last few years and it wont move!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the meno mid-drift - yuck!!!!!! Someone helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!! I dont know what to do next. And.....i really dont want to do any stupid diet with quick loss

Rozie

Replies

• RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat so I'd like to know too!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You just joined and lost a lot of weight. That's great. Don't be is such a hurry. Take it slow. If you are staying within your goals and eating your exercise calories. You will lose.
    Is that Guy Fiettie in the picture with you. If so "Tell him to stop"! He's killing me.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked? If you're honestly getting the right amount of calories and doing that much exercising, SOMETHING should be burning off!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't see your food diary but I'd be willing to bet that you actually need to eat MORE. Yes. That's what I said. Eat more. Make sure that you are eating at least some of your exercise calories back.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Check your measurements, maybe you are gaining muscle?
  • jldemoss
    Options
    Are you losing inches instead of weight since you are doing strength training? Are your clothes fitting better? I have been exercising since March and have lost mostly inches instead of pounds since I am doing strength training. If that is the case just hang with it and eventually you will see a difference in your appearance. Good luck!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of reasons why. Without seeing your food diary, I don't want to make the assumption about your eating style. I have found it better for me to increase my calories just a bit and I make sure to eat 6 meals a day; 3 big, 2 snacks. Also, I have noticed that others on here have been very successful with zig zagging their calories too. You are doing great with exercise and be sure to keep that up and drink lots and lots of water!
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've lost 65 lbs and been stuck for a few weeks now. It seems the smaller I get the longer the plateaus last. Open your diary so we can see what you are eating. Maybe it's your calories, not enough or to many. Please don't get discouraged! You can do this! Just take it one day at a time and don't worry about the scale, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Good luck!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of reasons why. Without seeing your food diary, I don't want to make the assumption about your eating style. I have found it better for me to increase my calories just a bit and I make sure to eat 6 meals a day; 3 big, 2 snacks. Also, I have noticed that others on here have been very successful with zig zagging their calories too. You are doing great with exercise and be sure to keep that up and drink lots and lots of water!

Sorry, I meant to type 3 snacks. :embarassed:
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i can't see what you are eating, but if you want to really see the scale move to get you motivated, cut out anything processed or packaged for 5 days, and you will see some movement (up to five pounds). going up 1.5 pounds in a day is fluid retention and perhaps not being regular, so, eliminating all processed foods for 5 days will help move all of that along and get you motivated to keep going.

for five days only eat or drink:
    water, brewed coffee or teas, and 100% juices
    unprocessed meats (yes to chicken & other fowl, beef, pork, etc. - no to salami, pepperoni, bacon, etc.)
    eggs
    seeds, nuts
    fruits
    veggies
    rice and potatoes in moderation
    unprocessed spices and condiments (oil and vinegar ok, honey ok, pepper ok, no "seasoning salts" or processed salad dressings, etc.

do not eat dairy, any bread or wheat products (i.e. no pasta, etc.), any salt or seasoning. no carbonated drinks or alcohol.
  • amberlee2011
    Options
    I suggest changing up your exercise routine. If you do the same strength moves and same cardio every week your body gets used to it and it takes less effort to complete. If you walk all the time, try bike riding. Look up some new strength training moves on self.com or another fitness site. I’ve heard this really helps people break through a plateau. Good luck!