Transitioning to bulking and feeling bloated lately

Options
I’m on a 2 weeks maintenance break before going on a bulk after a 6 months cut. I’m only 1 week in to my maintenance diet which meant eating more cabs and I’m really going bloated lately and feel like I’m fat and don’t want to bulk lol. This is just normal right?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    TOM?
  • OnalimOjag
    OnalimOjag Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    [
    TOM?

What’s TOM?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yes it’s normal
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep. Normal. Use Trendweight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When you transitioned to maintenance, you could add more fats and reduce carbs.

Also, did you also increase fiber a lot? That can lead to some bloating.
  • OnalimOjag
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I’ve added lots carbs. I’ve been eating my usual whole grain high fiber wheat bread and added brown rice to my diet now. My belly looks so bloated every night and my weight already increased by 5lbs which is ofcourse water weight but I’m glad that I’m not so obsessed with what the weighing scale says anymore cause if I was, I wouldn’t bulk haha
  • psuLemon
    Options
    OnalimOjag wrote: »

I’ve added lots carbs. I’ve been eating my usual whole grain high fiber wheat bread and added brown rice to my diet now. My belly looks so bloated every night and my weight already increased by 5lbs which is ofcourse water weight but I’m glad that I’m not so obsessed with what the weighing scale says anymore cause if I was, I wouldn’t bulk haha

Scale back on some of the fibrous foods.. the increase is probably what causer the issue. I noticed on my refeeds that if i hit above 50g, i am super bloated
  • OnalimOjag
    Options

Scale back on some of the fibrous foods.. the increase is probably what causer the issue. I noticed on my refeeds that if i hit above 50g, i am super bloated

I love carbs so I was happy when I increased my calories but then again I don’t want to be bloated every night so I’ll just add more fat. More burger patties and steak! Lol!
  • psuLemon
    Options

I love carbs so I was happy when I increased my calories but then again I don’t want to be bloated every night so I’ll just add more fat. More burger patties and steak! Lol!

You can maintain an increase in carbs if you decrease fiber a bit. Go for low fiber fruits, low fiber grains, etc..
  • bradenjnelson
    bradenjnelson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost roughly 90lbs, after I'd try to lean bulk or maintain and get scared because I'd feel bloated and gain a little bit so i'd start eating a deficit again. This cycle went on many times. This last time I fully committed and rode it out. After a few weeks of eating a 250 cal surplus and feel/look better than I ever have.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    TOM?

I don't know. During certain times of a month I do feel bloated and fat. My legs also hurt. I wish I knew what it was.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Legs hurt and bloating

Inflammation 101 !!! ... you are probably mildly intolerant to something and it doesn’t normally show. BUT .. now you are bulk g and eating excess everyone and again it flairs up and becomes an issue

What have you eaten more of on the days this happens ?

I am going through the same at the moment and being a guy can’t blame TOM but the bloating can be massive and joint ache with it. All started when I started bulking