Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What book are you reading?

Replies

• LizzyIsFallingLizzyIsFalling Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    I’m currently listening to The Stand by Stephen King. This year I’ve been trying to get through his works. There are SO DARN MANY though, so this will take some time.
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Member Posts: 2,841 Member Member Posts: 2,841 Member
    I finished Christina Dalcher's Vox last night. I wanted to love it, and I did for like the first half, and then I didn't. But it was still a good read so I'm giving it 3 out of 5 Viking stars. ;)

I have Zoje Stage's Baby Teeth ready for pickup at my library but I can't get there until tomorrow, so I'm starting Joe Hill's Strange Weather because a) I liked Heart Shaped Box and NOS4A2 and b) I like short fiction.
  • elsie6hickmanelsie6hickman Member Posts: 3,863 Member Member Posts: 3,863 Member
    I finished The Tattooist of Auschwitz. I didn't realize that it was based on a true story, until the end. It was really good.
    Now I am reading Shadow of the Wind, which was a Book Bub recommendation.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member
  • kindalikevelmakindalikevelma Member Posts: 1,335 Member Member Posts: 1,335 Member
    The Rise and Fall of the Dodo
  • yukfooyukfoo Member Posts: 789 Member Member Posts: 789 Member
    I thinking about possibly glancing at the list of 100 books I'll never read :(
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Member Posts: 2,841 Member Member Posts: 2,841 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    I just finished Paul Tremblay's The Cabin at the End of the World; it was pretty good but the ending was kind of unsatisfying. I started Vox by Christina Dalcher over the weekend.

i think everything he's written so far has had an ambiguous ending, though I did still like the overall story of Cabin at least.

have you read A Head Full of Ghosts by him yet? If not i'd recommend it completely. The ending in that one works really well.

@iMago thanks for the rec! I enjoyed A Head Full of Ghosts immensely.
  • competeagaincompeteagain Member Posts: 770 Member Member Posts: 770 Member
    Reading is for suckers haha jk
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_WingsBullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Member Posts: 5,545 Member Member Posts: 5,545 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    Just finished When Breath Becomes Air
    Now reading The Alchemist

The Alchemist is considered by many, a masterpiece. I didn't like it all that much. Just couldn't decide what made it so popular. If you'd like, let me know what you think when you're done.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_WingsBullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Member Posts: 5,545 Member Member Posts: 5,545 Member
    The Rise and Fall of the Dodo

Ahhh... my ex's memoirs
    I'm trying to get started on The Chrysalids by John Wyndham

• lililomo2lililomo2 Member Posts: 250 Member Member Posts: 250 Member
    *The last girl - my story of captivity, and my fight against the islamic state* by Nadia Murad
  • iMagoiMago Member Posts: 8,714 Member Member Posts: 8,714 Member
    have started reading the Witcher series, and to be honest, so far, its one of the dullest things i've ever read. im trying to muscle through it because i wanna watch the show with Cavill when it comes out finally and not be lost, but idk if i'll make it.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeoYearOfTheDragonLeo Member Posts: 214 Member Member Posts: 214 Member
    Foreign Agent by Brad Thor
  • jennifer_417jennifer_417 Member Posts: 12,348 Member Member Posts: 12,348 Member
    The Scarlet Letter
  • kindalikevelmakindalikevelma Member Posts: 1,335 Member Member Posts: 1,335 Member
    The Immoralists - Chloe Benjamin
  • Misty_1375Misty_1375 Member, Premium Posts: 759 Member Member, Premium Posts: 759 Member
    Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Member Posts: 4,674 Member Member Posts: 4,674 Member
    Nefertiti.....again