Options

Replies

• princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Danw586 wrote: »
    tzvdog3jdwk9.png

This book is insanely good. I lost my freaking mind. So good.

adding to my "to be read" list!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hope to Die, James Patterson
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bachelor Nation by Amy Kaufman
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I am reading Metamorphosis by Kafka. Kafka didn't really write books, he wrote short stories and this is an anthology.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Really interesting book. Originally, I thought it was going to talk more about outbreak vectors and the history of disease, but have been pleasantly surprised that it's actually discussing more the history of how outbreaks in the United States have impacted the immigrant community and how they've been treated over the years due to backwards ideas, shoddy science and their willingness to do jobs that most Americans consider beneath them.. but from a historical perspective.

51%2B5LhY%2BtqL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd love to read this, it sounds fascinating (no, I'm not being sarcastic.) I'm going to see if I can get a Kindle edition.

ETA: Yep. Downloading now.
  • princess7955
    Options
    Love this thread for the great suggestions...

Finished Cuckoo's Calling and moving on to Dark Matter. :)
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I read Thunder Mountain by Zane Grey, then the biography of Zane Grey by Frank Gruber, while vegging at the north woods cabin in the UP last week. Terrible biography, mostly just a fluff piece by his admiring friend. Turns out that it is the only full length biography of Zane Grey!! Somebody should write a good quality biography that provides real insights to a very talented and complex American writer who created much of the image and fascination with the Old West, even though that image is mostly false and romantic imagination. It did sell well, though!! LOL
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Scaring myself with this one, yikes. :#
    2lwjt6hsvk5f.jpeg
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    One of Christopher Hitchens'
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    I've been working my way through the "I am number four" series, by Pittacus Lore. I'm on "the Revenge of Seven". It's a pretty damn good series.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    41O8z2sNTbL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Snow White Must Die by Nele Neuhaus
  • XkrisXcrossX
    XkrisXcrossX Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The World of Warcraft Chronicle Trilogy because Volume 3 finally came out and I've been waiting like a year! Also because I am a huge nerd.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just finished IQby Joe Ide.

A new, modern private eye who is as much fun as the Old ones from the 50s. Dialogue from LA gangbangers and the rap artist scene, if that happens to appeals to you.

Gonna start his second novel, Righteousnow.
  • princess7955
    Options
    tzvdog3jdwk9.png

Do you like this?

Just finished it. It was good! Recommend

It's on my list! I will check it out

Did you end up reading this? I just finished and thought it was freaking fantastic. Not something I'd typically read so happy it was recommended here.
  • basic_bro
    basic_bro Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Smarter, Faster, Better: Transforming Power of Real Productivity by Charles Duhigg
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look On My Face?" by Alan Alda. It's about how to become a better communicator.