Fashion spot... what are you wearing today??

Options
amc2509
amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
I desperately need inspiration... working in an office and have nothing good in my wardrobe... I was forced to wear skinny jeans today as my only good trousers were dirty :neutral: So show me your workwear!!

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Oh this thread was made for @leut_underpants
  • amc2509
    Options
    lol... eagerly awaiting responses from that username!! I was careful to preface the title with Fashion spot :wink:
    The What are you wearing title alone sounded a bit pervy!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i get a lot of my clothes from next and dorothy perkins for work.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Purple scrub pants, a black tee and a fleece sweater. Comfy.
    I actually miss getting to wear nice clothes to a job.

Go for dresses, they are super easy, comfortable and it makes you look like you made an effort.
  • amc2509
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Oh this thread was made for @leut_underpants

Me? Why me?

I'm not into fashion at all. I have some sense of style, but it's classic menswear type stuff, and unlikely to stand out at all.

Today:
    White Stan Smiths
    Navy blue cords
    White button collar polo
    Two weeks of beard

Phew!! sounds good, although not something I can replicate (well the two weeks of beard anyway)!!!

I was expecting descriptions of underpants when I saw your handle :blush: !!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    black pants. poncho style top with pink flowers on a black background
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I dress like a kid
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Today?

.... only a smile.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Dressing for work is easy.

Typically, navy blue dress pants, a nice dress shirt and a tie is the uniform.

Just make sure the belt matches the shoes and the socks most always match the pants.

Wear a great watch & you're good to go.
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    cnyn9fielgsi.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Olive green tee shirt dress from Gap
    Belt from Lucky Brand
    Shoes by Pikolinos

tre0bpgjbjxu.jpg

Pikolinos

That is definitely a "go to" brand
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I can't contribute. I work in scrubs. Lol.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    A 17th century ruffled shirt and a pair Michigan State sweatpants. You'll have to excuse me, it's hump day after all.
  • brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    A suit made out of the fingernail clippings of my coworkers.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Today I’m wearing a dress from ModCloth. This is the one https://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/louche-drive-me-dainty-dress/154824.html

They sell a lot of pretty dresses for work, along with tops and bottoms. If unsure every category features a “work” section, making it easier to select your pieces.

Banana republic sells cute women’s suits.

The gap sells a pant called skinny ankle pant. I have them in almost every colour. They look cute with a blazer or a pretty blouse.

Hope it helps some!

Cute dress! I love Modcloth, even if some of their things I love the most are a little bit "Kimmy Schmidt" for a 50 year old lady.

I work from home so today is a Gaiam t-shirt and running shorts. But I like buying clothes so I keep accumulating outfits which would be more suitable for my imaginary office job. Today I bought a green (faux) leather pencil skirt because someone posted a picture of Megan Markle in a similar skirt and I love green leather anything - my goto jacket is a pine green moto jacket. She wore hers with a green satin blouse, I think mine is going with a grayish purple watercolor blouse.
  • Traijan
    Traijan Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's always the same for me. Some sort of dark colored polo shirt and black(ish) colored slacks, with brown suede ecco shoes.

I attempt to keep my polo shirts in the black and gray color scheme, but occasionally I step out and might wear darkish blue or midnight plum purple, and once in a long while I'll put on a dress button up shirt in red, yellow or green, but not often.

I like black, it really does take a few pounds off the look of you, my next door office mate never wears dark clothes and he's MASSIVE (maybe 450 lbs plus) and looks even more MASSIVE in bright colors. Me I look at least 10 lbs lighter in dark clothes and get compliments all the time how I look good in black (even though I'm a total pale ginger).

Jeans in my office? No way, no how, no sir! The only time people get away with jeans is if they are on a day off and coming in for some unpaid hours to catchup with some work, other than that my employer says no to jeans or overly casual ware.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A suit made out of the fingernail clippings of my coworkers.

I get the reference, but that's the creepiest thing I have heard all month, bleck
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    v-neck tshirt, shorts, adidas