How quick do the calories evacuate from your body....

Options
Ok, so if you work out, do ya pee your cals out???? I know sounds silly, but I notice after a workout I am like 2 pounds lighter.....all these cals we burn....when do they come out...or do they just evaporate?

I know sounds so silly....but I am curious if I burn 300 what happens to them>>??????

:ohwell:

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, so if you work out, do ya pee your cals out???? I know sounds silly, but I notice after a workout I am like 2 pounds lighter.....all these cals we burn....when do they come out...or do they just evaporate?

I know sounds so silly....but I am curious if I burn 300 what happens to them>>??????

• running4myhealth
    Options
    Sometimes if I go for an 8 mile run or even just a 5 mile run I am up to 5lbs lighter.... but yeah, it's all water weight. By the time I hydrate and eat something I'm right back up there.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

one thing I know for sure is there arent too many silly questions...well...some are..but I have wondered the same thing..only so I dont run into them if they are floating around the room.....I lost them on purpose and I don't want to find the critters ever ever again
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    A calorie isn't actually a 'thing' like a little piece of food. It's a unit of energy, like a foot is a unit of measurement. One calorie raises one kilogram of water one degree Celsius....it's sort of an abstract concept. When we say we 'burn calories', it really means our bodies perform chemical reactions to convert potential energy (fat, nutrients) into kinetic energy (movement). If a piece of bread contains 100 calories, that means it can raise 100 kg of water 1 degree C if you burn it.

You lose weight because you sweat out water to help cool your body. It evaporates and you lose that weight.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A calorie isn't actually a 'thing' like a little piece of food. It's a unit of energy, like a foot is a unit of measurement. One calorie raises one kilogram of water one degree Celsius....it's sort of an abstract concept. When we say we 'burn calories', it really means our bodies perform chemical reactions to convert potential energy (fat, nutrients) into kinetic energy (movement). If a piece of bread contains 100 calories, that means it can raise 100 kg of water 1 degree C if you burn it.

You lose weight because you sweat out water to help cool your body. It evaporates and you lose that weight.

THANK YOU.....this makes sense, even if I didn't........alrighty then.....

whew......

Dave198....................HAHAHAHAH YOUR SO FUNNY....I just had a vision of you running around the house like a crazy person.......

HAHAHAHHAHA
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I also read that you breath it out. So keep up the good breathing while working your butt off!!
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    many many years ago, a weight watcher leader explained that when the fat is removed from our fat cells, it is replaced with fluid (i don't remember if she said it was water)...then from there it is released and the cells squish flat (we never really lose them)...how true this is, i don't know...but it surely does explain how i can go a week and lose nothing and then pee my brains out all day and be suddenly down a couple of pounds...anybody else heard this particular bit of information before?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Fat break down produces energy, carbon dioxide and water. You body will hold on to some of the water and release it at the appropriate time. Unfortunately my body seems to think the appropriate time is at 3am.:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    and then pee my brains out all day and be suddenly down a couple of pounds...anybody else heard this particular bit of information before?

and if you pee on your hand or leg it goes right back inside you and you get fat again...so PLEASE..don't pee on yourself!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Fresh pee is great for the skin! It will clear up acne. It will also clear a room fast!!:laugh:
    and then pee my brains out all day and be suddenly down a couple of pounds...anybody else heard this particular bit of information before?

and if you pee on your hand or leg it goes right back inside you and you get fat again...so PLEASE..don't pee on yourself!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Fresh pee is great for the skin! It will clear up acne. It will also clear a room fast!!:laugh:

the next pimple I get is in trouble
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you have made me laugh away at least a pound....and, thankfully, i didn't pee on myself from laughing!!!!