Shorty here

Options
I'm 5'2 weigh 130 and want to lose 10lbs. Weight does not look good on us shortys

Replies

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @RunForPizza88 Did you do any form of exercise?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a healthy goal, just be patient because it takes a heck of a lot longer than we realise to lose when its 'only' 10lbs. I too am a shorty, I start feeling fluffy if I go above 130 but I'm fine at 125-126.

I agree with @RunForPizza88 there's no need to cut your calories too low, I'm in maintenance but to lose 0.5lb a week that would mean eating 1600 calories a day (I'm lightly active.)

0.5lb a week is a healthy loss when you don't have much to lose.

All the best.
  • marthayork13
    marthayork13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry I hadn't gotten notifications and I just saw your responses.
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 1 and started off 4 months ago at the same weight as you! Im now down to 115. Still got a bit more to go as i do have a very petite build.
    My advice would be dont think that cause your small you need to starve yourself. Ive been averaging 1650 cals per day but recently bumped up to about 1800 per day and still loosing weight. Just make sure ypu weight all your food on a scale and stay consistant.

Can you tell us what sort of exercise you're doing? I'm same as OP right now, 5'2 and 129 lbs. Currently on around 1200 calories, but struggling to get exercise into my day. Weight loss is extremely slow at 1200 calories. Even with exercise, I would eat around 1350 calories to lose weight and it would be very slow weight loss, maybe 2-3 lbs a month. Maybe I didn't give it enough time though.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

I'm 5'1. most recently lost 42 or so pounds and now at 124. This is actually lower than i expected to get!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Sam29a wrote: »
    Im 5ft 1 and started off 4 months ago at the same weight as you! Im now down to 115. Still got a bit more to go as i do have a very petite build.
    My advice would be dont think that cause your small you need to starve yourself. Ive been averaging 1650 cals per day but recently bumped up to about 1800 per day and still loosing weight. Just make sure ypu weight all your food on a scale and stay consistant.

Can you tell us what sort of exercise you're doing? I'm same as OP right now, 5'2 and 129 lbs. Currently on around 1200 calories, but struggling to get exercise into my day. Weight loss is extremely slow at 1200 calories. Even with exercise, I would eat around 1350 calories to lose weight and it would be very slow weight loss, maybe 2-3 lbs a month. Maybe I didn't give it enough time though.

When we are short and close to goal weight our loss will be slow as there is very little between maintenance calories and 1200 calories, unless you do a lot of exercise. 2-3 pounds a month is actually really good because of this.
  • justmepraise
    justmepraise Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I also want to know how you can lose weight while eating 1600 calories. I’m 5ft and can barely lose at 1350. Do you think it is the activity or the type of food?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I also want to know how you can lose weight while eating 1600 calories. I’m 5ft and can barely lose at 1350. Do you think it is the activity or the type of food?

I can lose while eating 1600 calories but I do over 20,000 steps a day. Without exercise, I would be stuck at 1200 a day and lose around 2 pounds a month.

The type of food is irrelevant to weight loss.