333 a good number for breakfast calories?

Options
I just had breakfast, and ate 333 calories, 34g of carbs, 12g of fat and 24g of protein. I'm wondering if I'm on the right track...? I had egg whites on toast with a slice of cheese, and I feel full. But I'm wondering if this is all too much, too early in the day?? Do any of you compare? Just wondering, when I was eating it, it seemed to be a good healthy breakfast choice, but now looking at the numbers... it seems like a lot...

Replies

• michellelynne1
    Options
    I just had breakfast, and ate 333 calories, 34g of carbs, 12g of fat and 24g of protein. I'm wondering if I'm on the right track...? I had egg whites on toast with a slice of cheese, and I feel full. But I'm wondering if this is all too much, too early in the day?? Do any of you compare? Just wondering, when I was eating it, it seemed to be a good healthy breakfast choice, but now looking at the numbers... it seems like a lot...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

it sounds good I would omit the cheese and throw in some fruit....and have only 1 slice of wheat bread
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    that's about my breakfast, but it all depends on how many cals you are going to have during the day. my cals/day are 1360. I would also remove the cheese, but only because it doesn't make you feel very full for how many calories it gobbles up. I add salsa to add flavor, b/c I can have 5 tbsp of salsa for 25 cals, compared to one measly slice of cheese for like 100 cals. (but that's my preference)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    much better than 666
  • verifire
    Options
    about 300 is good, especially because those aren't wasted calories -- they start your metabolism and allow your body to pace itself until your next meals. try using Aunt Millie's light wheat bread, or another light whole wheat bread to replace the one your using now. usually they are about 35-40 calories per slice, so you can still have two. and cheese is expensive. if you can do without it, you will have more calories for later in the day.
  • michellelynne1
    Options
    Ok, not bad then! lol, I know I totally should leave out the cheese... but it is my thing, you know, some people like chips or chocolate... i love cheese! I guess i'll have to suck it up and cut the cheese even more then i already have... I also need to switch breads, I am eating light rye bread right now (light not calorie wise, but flavor-wise) I live with my boyfriend, i love whole grain breads and he loves white... in the effort of saving and not wasting, we both agreed that we like rye, so thats what we buy, although i know the nutrition value is not what it could be with the bread i enjoy... And lastly fruit. I seem to only like fruit in the summer. They are so out of season right now meaning they're sour and over priced at the grocery stores... I just cant get my mind around purchasing way over priced and too sour fruit:grumble: lol
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    hahaha dont try and "cut the cheese more than normal". :laugh:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Cheese is also my weakness...I :heart: it!! For regular cheese slices, I use the Borden Fat Free Cheddar slices...it's only like 35 calories PER slice! Much better than the 50-100 that other people seem to use. I find that it tastes just as good as any regular cheese, and a bit better than say, Kraft or a generic store brand. :happy: Just an idea if you are looking for something a little on the lighter side!

As for the fruit....I too, am VERY picky about my fresh produce. If you like applesauce, I find that the Motts Natural kind is filling and helps me get in a fruit with breakfast! That way you're not worried about the ripeness and cost factors. It's pretty resaonable and easy to find. :flowerforyou:

Good luck with your breakfast...sounds like you're on the right track! :bigsmile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good breakfast to me! Although, 12g fat does seem high for such a low cal meal.... maybe have lowfat cheese next time?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I do pretty much the same thing, but I use a fat free shredded cheese. I find that I use less cheese that way, only a TBSP (or two, if I am going thick) and it's a lot fewer calories that way.

Lately, I've been poaching my eggs (got a schnazzy egg cooker for the microwave), so I've been having two eggs poached, a slice of toast, 4 slices of bacon, and a glass of V-8 low sodium, all for about 300 calories.
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast is supposed to contain the most calories of all your meals.
  • michellelynne1
    Options
    hahaha dont try and "cut the cheese more than normal". :laugh:

Hahahaha! I love it!
    I also love the apple sauce idea, I love it, and somehow, completely forgot it existed! And I will be picking up low fat (or fat free if i can find it) cheese. Thanks!
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    you should try laughing cow light cheese. soooo good and low calories!
  • merch
    merch Posts: 8
    Options
    Apples & pears are always good this time of year. And bananas can be found round the clock at roughly the same price. Oh and little clementines. It's berries and grapes and peaches that are usually best saved for summer (price & quality). Apples have tons of fiber too.

I'm a cheese gal myself and really dislike most lower fat/fat-free versions, but I dig the laughing cow light (awesome w/apple slices, btw). Otherwise I shred smaller amounts of good cheese so I get the flavor but not as much substance.
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    If you feel full, then that's all that matters. I would suggest throwing in some fruit just to get an extra serving. My breakfasts are about 500 calories but I am a breakfast person. I need a big breakfast to keep me full and I find that I eat less throughout the day if I'm satisfied. I normally do 1/2 c oatmeal or oat bran with 1TBS nut butter, banana, agave nectar, ground flax and some almond milk.