Ladies! Buddy Up and Lose Weight--Join the Diamonds! [OPEN]

Options
FIRST, watch the Diamond Challenge Video (less than 2 minutes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edehKVxR8pg

****Important note: There is a FOUR step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the 4 steps!****

fuchsia-i-love-diamonds-by-wam-tanks.png

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a four week weight loss challenge that begins on Monday, August 21st . The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamond Challenge has been around for twenty-two weeks and our ladies love it! The Diamonds Challenge: Round 5 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise,your team leader will select your partner.

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or the Little Diamonds. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We also celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League. (The league typically has 90 members, but one of the teams is on hiatus).

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

So, how do you sign up? There are four easy steps!

1. Watch the Diamond Challenge video (Done!)

2. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge (your REAL reason... tell us what is motivating you!)

3. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

4. CAREFULLY read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VrqVzDpGbH-xr4Q4i8GeuNd1zQdGJvJQaP_dntpp9k/edit?hl=en_US

These are the rules for the Little Diamonds, but the rules for the Diamonds in the Rough are almost identical

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I started this challenge 22 weeks ago because I was disgusted by what I saw in the mirror. 30 pounds later I am here because I feel empowered in knowing that I can reshape my body and that I can look awesome if I have the support of my Diamonds! I have NEVER been this successful at losing weight and I feel that I truly owe it to these amazing ladies!

Replies

• o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa-Marie, and I'd like to take part in this challenge because I'm really a big fan of the motivational style of partnering up. I am halfway to my goal, but definately find myself getting frustrated when I don't see movement on the scale.

I started at MFP June 1st and I've lost 18lbs. I feel amazing and know that I can do this and reach my goal! This is the healthiest I've been in forever and the best I have looked and I just want to keep improving. I want to be a good example for my little one and have the energy to keep up with her!

Having support would be wonderful.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa-Marie!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I would like to be part this challenge to keep accountable on my weight loss journey and to support others along the way. I am over halfway to my goal weight and want a strong finish. I have been logging my food and exercise for almost four months here and at another site for three month prior to that (I love MFP so much better by the way). Getting healthy is a lifetime commitment for me and so is support others.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Kait and I would love to join this challenge.

I like being a motivator and being accountable for someone -- I think the buddy system is exactly what I need for my weight loss challenge! I am training for a half marathon and need help with the food side of it. :)
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    My name is Lisa-Marie, and I'd like to take part in this challenge because I'm really a big fan of the motivational style of partnering up. I am halfway to my goal, but definately find myself getting frustrated when I don't see movement on the scale.

I started at MFP June 1st and I've lost 18lbs. I feel amazing and know that I can do this and reach my goal! This is the healthiest I've been in forever and the best I have looked and I just want to keep improving. I want to be a good example for my little one and have the energy to keep up with her!

Having support would be wonderful.

Oh what a lovely name you have!!! (my name is also Lisa and if you haven't guessed my middle name is Marie :laugh: )

Welcome ladies (I'm one of the little diamonds) :-D

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I'm Aubrey, I'd love to participate in this challenge. I need support and motivation to keep me going. I have many, many reasons for wanting to lose weight, the most recent is this picture....

me-3.jpg

yuck! blah. blech. eeek! ya know...

ps- my big bootay also broke that chair over the weekend. yikes!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Ellie, and I have been at MFP since April and have lost almost 10 kilos since then. I would really love to join this challenge so that I can get great accountability with a buddy, as this sounds like an awesome opportunity and have recently found my love for healthy food and exercise. My motto is: I'm going to eat healthily and exercise and if I lose weight, BONUS! :)
  • britneeb23
    Options
    My name is Britnee and I want to join the Diamonds because I don't normally stick to anything unless someone else is counting on me to finish. So far in the last 6 years of trying to lose the extra weight I just havn't had the motivation that I needed and I've slowly gained weight instead. I've lost 6 lb since I started MFP but now that the scale hasn't moved for a while I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before I lose interest and give up again. I need something, anything to keep me logging in at MPF and someone to hold me accountable for my weightloss. I can't do this if it's just for myself, i've tried and I always talk my self out of doing anything that doesn't have to be done.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I so need this. My name is Jennifer. I need to lose weight and get healthy for myself and my family. I have 3 beautiful kids and run an in-home daycare. I need to get in shape so I can keep up with everyone... that and I am tired of looking pregnant all the time :sad:
    The timing of this is perfect - I leave for vacation (Disneyworld) just over 4 weeks. I would love to be a HOT MAMA in FL. I have several friends on MFP, but it is not the support I was hoping for. I need the accountability to stay on track and welcome the opportunity to help someone on a person level in their journey as well.
  • ang527
    ang527 Posts: 3
    Options
    my name is andrea and I would love to be a part of this. I have been kind of on my own trying to get these last 20 lbs off and this sounds great to have to support and support one another!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :)
    My name is Halina and I want to join this challange because I'm lacking motivation. I'm surrounded by 'bigger' people at work and at home, so I keep hearing 'you are too skinny, have a cookie' sort of thing all the time. I'm 5'0" and 124 pounds atm. Want to get down to 110lbs. I need a buddy to kick my butt when needed, and praise me if I deserve. :D
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello :) My name is Trisha and I would love to join this program because it seems like a good motivational and emotional support! Teaming up with one individual to support someone seams like just what I need. And I would love to make a new friend
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kat, and this is a great idea!!! I want to join because I need motivation! I started wanting to lose weight in January, and have slowly been getting there, but I lose motivation and the scale creeps back up!
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My name is Sabrena and I would like to join the challenge for motivation, support, and accountability. I think when you have a diet/weight loss buddy you tend to be more successful. I'm looking forward to being part of the team!
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My name is Jackie and I'd like to join the challenge. I've been struggling to lose weight despite staying under my calories and have been feeling discouraged lately so I'm looking for some extra motivation. My personal trainer also just told me she is moving across the country on the 30th so it would be great to have a new "workout partner."
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hi, my name is Shawn Marie and I would love to join because I do not like what I see in the mirror and hate not fitting into all of the clothing I have. I have resorted wo where sweats because jeans in general are uncomfortable. I cannot stand jeans that are not low rise but low rise just excenuate (sp?) the spare tire around my mid section. Currently I am 5'8" and weight 235 lbs. I have lost 7 pounds since starting with MFP. I love this site and believe that with a buddy I will be able to lose the weight and inches consistently to reach my goal of 170 lbs. Meeting new friends and having group support as well ans a buddy is a good way to hit a goal.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rebecca. I want to join the challenge because I want to be healthier. I am tired of being tired. I really need the buddy system to keep me on track :)
  • laureneva15
    Options
    Lauren-Eva, wanna join cos well a) I need to lose weight b) I need something to motivate me to that and c) I need someone, besides myself that will hold me accountable for my actions.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Alison and I would love to be in this challenge. I joined MFP in the middle of July and have lost 12 pounds. I am very excited to be seeing results and I want to keep motivated AND motivate my partner/team to never give up. I look forward to being part of this exciting journey!
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    Hi, my name is Catherine and would love to join this challenge as I have had enough of how I look. It just keeps on creeping up! I'm also a medical student and don't wanna be "that" doctor that should take their own advice, if you see what I mean....

I'm very committed - I promise that!