Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    ndfote28mnzf.jpg

Those faces!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Put a deposit on my new Live Stock Guardian puppies for our farm. This is one I have picked for sure but haven't decided on my second one yet. They are only 4 weeks old so I will check in weekly to find a second one with the personality and temperament I am looking for.

5wefgmgqtn0b.jpg

Do you have sheep? I have heard that donkeys or llamas make good guards because they hate coyotes and will happily kick one to death. As someone who is not a farmer, I am REALLY curious if that's true.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Put a deposit on my new Live Stock Guardian puppies for our farm. This is one I have picked for sure but haven't decided on my second one yet. They are only 4 weeks old so I will check in weekly to find a second one with the personality and temperament I am looking for.

5wefgmgqtn0b.jpg

Do you have sheep? I have heard that donkeys or llamas make good guards because they hate coyotes and will happily kick one to death. As someone who is not a farmer, I am REALLY curious if that's true.

We have a small goat farm. We have meat goats, fiber goats and dairy goats. We have a mini donkey who is extremely feisty and is in pastures with horses and she runs the herd. We are getting ready to put our goats in pastures that we see coyotes in from time to time so we don't want to chance losing any goats. Our neighbor has alpacas and she has llamas for her guard animals and they will keep the coyotes at bay for the most part.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    cjvpxqx63jd7.png

*kitten* yeah!
    cnt1rs9lh355.gif