Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

1242527293097

Replies

  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    Hey gang!

    Today, for the first time in 20 years or more...I AM IN THE 150'S :smiley:
    My current weight is 159.6lbs and good ole Mfp profile tag shows 60lbs down. After all these glorious and tough months of being 56, 57, and for the longest time 58-59lbs--today I am officially big ole 60.2lbs down. HOW THRILLING!

    wipr3ecuq12k.png
    Lost 0.8 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 60.2 lbs so far.


    o:) BOOOOM! o:)

    Also, I am now a size 12 (down from my highest size of 22w--that's a big ole 5 pant sizes down--WOW!!!!! ) I haven't been a size 12 in more than 20 years. Let me tell ya gang, TAKE YOUR TIME. Even though the weight blastification is taking a kinda long time, [email protected]@K at the results--NO loose skin, my stomach is super shrinking so VERY much, it's amazing. It's no longer "hanging" at all (ya know a kinda pouch looking thing--REALLY ugly and uncomfortable. No more, it's lifting itself up as the fat goes to the place where the sun will never shine and my stomach is going down and looking so much better (still go a way to go, haven't arrive yet, and looking forward to the battle(s) ahead with a--BRING IT attitude/spirit )--but I am so VERY thankful, grateful, humbled and super joyful at what's happening in and thru me and there is NO loose nor excess skin nor hanging over flab, everything is firm and tighter--Thank you LORD <3o:)<3 !!!

    Let's take our time in these battles of the bulge and clutter, take our time and do it RIGHT and RIGHTEOUSLY! Again, BOOM!

    Woohoo! That must feel tremendous!

    It DOES literally "feel" tremendous. Not merely the way I'm "looking", but the disappearance and/or controlling and denying of the compulsion and obsession and constant thoughts of eating and "food" and self-conscientiousness, the being able to walk in my closet and pick out anything and it all looks and feels so good, the different ways of thinking and living that is coming along side of the weight blastification and LETTING GO of all the "stuff" that SO EASILY beset me for so many years, makes me sing inside for JOY! Thank you Snow!
    edited October 2018
  • snoo61snoo61 Member Posts: 549 Member Member Posts: 549 Member
    Didn't really do anything about de-cluttering this weekend except move a couple things from the bench by my door to the car. One step closer to the thrift shop.

    I moved my summer clothes to the back of the closet last night while I was putting laundry away. I'm battling with myself whether I should trust that I will continue on my downward trend this winter and these clothes will be too big next year. They were all getting loose this summer, but I don't want to get rid of them and then need them. By the time summer rolls around again we will be knee deep in wedding expenses for my daughter so I know I won't have money to spend on myself. I think that I will compromise with myself on this a little bit. If I am still losing in January I will get rid of them. I know if I can make it through to then I'll be good. I always get the need to lose hitting me in February LOL

    I feel like I've let myself down in September and didn't reach my goals. I did lose, but no where near what I was hoping to. I'll take it a loss is a loss after all. Hopefully, October I can be more disciplined.

    First Snow, honey you got some super good Genes, because you look mega young...maybe even in 20's or 30's. How beautiful you are. When I read "wedding for your daughter"...I'm was super amazed, because you look like you could be a mom of toddlers or babies. YAY YOU! How EXCELLENT that you've gotten stuff to the door and in the car, you ROCK!

    Okay, on to this really important subject of big clothes and clothes in weight-loss in general. I'm a wee bit peeved with myself at how I got several jeans and stuff in sizes 14s and cute XLG tops and dresses in the springtime and summer and now, almost everything I got is too big, too loose and just don't fit me and I'm SORRY I got these things--makes me feel foolish and wasteful. Remember that super cute jean dress I talked about and posted a pic of? It's swimming on me now and looks, let's just say NO, now. This time, in my new size 12s I'm just getting a couple of pair of jeans, and basic (but CUTE & classic) wardrobe staples I can mix and match until I no longer need them. I thought SURE I'd be in the size 14s for much longer than I was. I want to be a better "stewart" of my money this round of sizes and plus getting/buying fewer pieces of size 12 and large/medium stuff will help with keeping my closet neat, organized and decluttered.

    I aint keeping NOTHING that's too big for me, period. I've been down that road for years and years and I got my mind made up, I'm getting down to size ( after I meet my goal of getting to 153lbs--I'll be making a new goal of getting to 135-140lbs for my final size. I'd like to get into a size 7-8 and for me, that's around 135-140lbs...at least it was many many moons ago. I could CRY when I think about how much stuff I kept, with the VAIN wishing and a hoping idea that "maybe one day" and how that type of thinking kept me locked in a prison of "STUFF" and MESS, which in turn keep me all stressed and angry, which in turn kept me a tied up in knocks and confused, with contributed to me being a sloppy obese YUCK chick, no thanks. I could SCREAM AND CRY at the embarrassing amount of "STUFF" including an ungodly amount of fabulous clothes (many still with tags on them) and "stuff" I gav away and threw away. Shocking and actually disgusting amount of wasted money and out of control amount of stuff. No Ma'am--NEVER again, it's OUT with EVERYTHING I NO LONGER CAN ACTUALLY USE OR THAT I DON'T REALLY NEED. What's so shocking and enbarrassing is I DON'T EVEN MISS ANYTHING OF THE TON OF STUFF I GOT RID OF AT ALL--SHOCKING, DON'T MISS A THING--YIKES--I was soooo DECEIVED holding on to all that mess (in the name of memories, this was too expensive, i'll sell it and all those deceptions that kept me living in clutter and too much stuff and the oppression and depression that goes with that mess for years! I refuse to live in that cluttered unreality ever again as long as I live. I value lovely space and cluttered free environment (both in my head and in and around my home). The POWER that comes with living and THRIVING (no longer merely "surviving) in a lovely, clutter-FREE spacious home and thought life and not putting up with ANY mess from toxic, energy zapping, CRAZY-making and mind polluting people or stuff is priceless to me.

    Nope, for me, the answer to more peace of mind, healthy relationship, watching the pounds/inches fall off of me without any exercise, eating whatever I want too, because I'm more STRESS/MESS free and at peace because of LET IT GO and the lovely space and orderliness that comes about because of the LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK, lifestyle is everythang, PERIOD.

    {{{ Hugs }}}}


    Just to clarify, if it doesn't fit I'm not keeping it. I bought 4 new tops this past spring in my old size. I didn't even realize that they were too big until my daughter pointed it out. I'm keeping the summer clothes that fit, if they don't fit next spring, YAY!
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Didn't really do anything about de-cluttering this weekend except move a couple things from the bench by my door to the car. One step closer to the thrift shop.

    I moved my summer clothes to the back of the closet last night while I was putting laundry away. I'm battling with myself whether I should trust that I will continue on my downward trend this winter and these clothes will be too big next year. They were all getting loose this summer, but I don't want to get rid of them and then need them. By the time summer rolls around again we will be knee deep in wedding expenses for my daughter so I know I won't have money to spend on myself. I think that I will compromise with myself on this a little bit. If I am still losing in January I will get rid of them. I know if I can make it through to then I'll be good. I always get the need to lose hitting me in February LOL

    I feel like I've let myself down in September and didn't reach my goals. I did lose, but no where near what I was hoping to. I'll take it a loss is a loss after all. Hopefully, October I can be more disciplined.

    First Snow, honey you got some super good Genes, because you look mega young...maybe even in 20's or 30's. How beautiful you are. When I read "wedding for your daughter"...I'm was super amazed, because you look like you could be a mom of toddlers or babies. YAY YOU! How EXCELLENT that you've gotten stuff to the door and in the car, you ROCK!

    Okay, on to this really important subject of big clothes and clothes in weight-loss in general. I'm a wee bit peeved with myself at how I got several jeans and stuff in sizes 14s and cute XLG tops and dresses in the springtime and summer and now, almost everything I got is too big, too loose and just don't fit me and I'm SORRY I got these things--makes me feel foolish and wasteful. Remember that super cute jean dress I talked about and posted a pic of? It's swimming on me now and looks, let's just say NO, now. This time, in my new size 12s I'm just getting a couple of pair of jeans, and basic (but CUTE & classic) wardrobe staples I can mix and match until I no longer need them. I thought SURE I'd be in the size 14s for much longer than I was. I want to be a better "stewart" of my money this round of sizes and plus getting/buying fewer pieces of size 12 and large/medium stuff will help with keeping my closet neat, organized and decluttered.

    I aint keeping NOTHING that's too big for me, period. I've been down that road for years and years and I got my mind made up, I'm getting down to size ( after I meet my goal of getting to 153lbs--I'll be making a new goal of getting to 135-140lbs for my final size. I'd like to get into a size 7-8 and for me, that's around 135-140lbs...at least it was many many moons ago. I could CRY when I think about how much stuff I kept, with the VAIN wishing and a hoping idea that "maybe one day" and how that type of thinking kept me locked in a prison of "STUFF" and MESS, which in turn keep me all stressed and angry, which in turn kept me a tied up in knocks and confused, with contributed to me being a sloppy obese YUCK chick, no thanks. I could SCREAM AND CRY at the embarrassing amount of "STUFF" including an ungodly amount of fabulous clothes (many still with tags on them) and "stuff" I gav away and threw away. Shocking and actually disgusting amount of wasted money and out of control amount of stuff. No Ma'am--NEVER again, it's OUT with EVERYTHING I NO LONGER CAN ACTUALLY USE OR THAT I DON'T REALLY NEED. What's so shocking and enbarrassing is I DON'T EVEN MISS ANYTHING OF THE TON OF STUFF I GOT RID OF AT ALL--SHOCKING, DON'T MISS A THING--YIKES--I was soooo DECEIVED holding on to all that mess (in the name of memories, this was too expensive, i'll sell it and all those deceptions that kept me living in clutter and too much stuff and the oppression and depression that goes with that mess for years! I refuse to live in that cluttered unreality ever again as long as I live. I value lovely space and cluttered free environment (both in my head and in and around my home). The POWER that comes with living and THRIVING (no longer merely "surviving) in a lovely, clutter-FREE spacious home and thought life and not putting up with ANY mess from toxic, energy zapping, CRAZY-making and mind polluting people or stuff is priceless to me.

    Nope, for me, the answer to more peace of mind, healthy relationship, watching the pounds/inches fall off of me without any exercise, eating whatever I want too, because I'm more STRESS/MESS free and at peace because of LET IT GO and the lovely space and orderliness that comes about because of the LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK, lifestyle is everythang, PERIOD.

    {{{ Hugs }}}}


    Just to clarify, if it doesn't fit I'm not keeping it. I bought 4 new tops this past spring in my old size. I didn't even realize that they were too big until my daughter pointed it out. I'm keeping the summer clothes that fit, if they don't fit next spring, YAY!

    Wow, what a tremendous discovery...your daughter pointing out some things were too big is so wonderful, isn't it. Congrats Snoo, you're doing it! Cheering you on, bigtime! :smiley:
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today is a house maintenance day. Laundry, floors, etc. My vacuum is clogging up, so I spent some time unclogging it.
    Then vacuumed again, then unclogged. :/
    Maintenance is good, it's work, but GOOD work. Here's a tip I recently discovered when vacuuming...if you sprinkle baking soda mixed with cinnamon on your carpets for a few hours (or even overnight) WOW! Your carpets and home will smell mega good. That said, if you do this, you will be emptying out a lot of "stuff" afterwards. YAY Snoo...you're doing well!!!!!!! o:)

    edited October 2018
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME - Well thank you very much. I do have incredible genes. This is my Mom and Grandmother. My Grandmother was 93 (2 months short of 94) when this picture was taken. My Mom was 61. I just turned 50 two weeks ago.

    n3hidfmbcjq3.jpg

    Good genes INDEED! Your mom looks 40 or so years old, NO WHERE NEAR 61 years old and your Grandmother is absolutely darling--just ADORABLE. All of y'all are so CUTE!!!!!
    <3o:)<3
    edited October 2018
  • snoo61snoo61 Member Posts: 549 Member Member Posts: 549 Member
    [/quote]

    Wow, what a tremendous discovery...your daughter pointing out some things were too big is so wonderful, isn't it. Congrats Snoo, you're doing it! Cheering you on, bigtime! :smiley:
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today is a house maintenance day. Laundry, floors, etc. My vacuum is clogging up, so I spent some time unclogging it.
    Then vacuumed again, then unclogged. :/
    Maintenance is good, it's work, but GOOD work. Here's a tip I recently discovered when vacuuming...if you sprinkle baking soda mixed with cinnamon on your carpets for a few hours (or even overnight) WOW! Your carpets and home will smell mega good. That said, if you do this, you will be emptying out a lot of "stuff" afterwards. YAY Snoo...you're doing well!!!!!!! o:)

    [/quote]

    My daughter was giving me a shirt she bought but didn't like on herself. I told her it was too small and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She just said try it on. Then laughed hysterically at my shocked face when it fit.

    I've done the baking soda trick, but never heard of adding cinnamon! Opens up whole new possibilities! Cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger...OMG!
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »

    Wow, what a tremendous discovery...your daughter pointing out some things were too big is so wonderful, isn't it. Congrats Snoo, you're doing it! Cheering you on, bigtime! :smiley:
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today is a house maintenance day. Laundry, floors, etc. My vacuum is clogging up, so I spent some time unclogging it.
    Then vacuumed again, then unclogged. :/

    Maintenance is good, it's work, but GOOD work. Here's a tip I recently discovered when vacuuming...if you sprinkle baking soda mixed with cinnamon on your carpets for a few hours (or even overnight) WOW! Your carpets and home will smell mega good. That said, if you do this, you will be emptying out a lot of "stuff" afterwards. YAY Snoo...you're doing well!!!!!!! o:)



    My daughter was giving me a shirt she bought but didn't like on herself. I told her it was too small and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She just said try it on. Then laughed hysterically at my shocked face when it fit.

    I've done the baking soda trick, but never heard of adding cinnamon! Opens up whole new possibilities! Cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger...OMG!

    Hey Snoo! I'm not sure about the cloves, allspice, ginger...but the cinnamon is not only a deodorizer, but also a mold/mildrew and yuck killer too.

    ETA: Big ole highest of fives on you getting into your daughter's top...that MEGA encouraging and cool as can be girl--BOOM!
    edited October 2018
  • snoo61snoo61 Member Posts: 549 Member Member Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »

    Wow, what a tremendous discovery...your daughter pointing out some things were too big is so wonderful, isn't it. Congrats Snoo, you're doing it! Cheering you on, bigtime! :smiley:
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today is a house maintenance day. Laundry, floors, etc. My vacuum is clogging up, so I spent some time unclogging it.
    Then vacuumed again, then unclogged. :/

    Maintenance is good, it's work, but GOOD work. Here's a tip I recently discovered when vacuuming...if you sprinkle baking soda mixed with cinnamon on your carpets for a few hours (or even overnight) WOW! Your carpets and home will smell mega good. That said, if you do this, you will be emptying out a lot of "stuff" afterwards. YAY Snoo...you're doing well!!!!!!! o:)



    My daughter was giving me a shirt she bought but didn't like on herself. I told her it was too small and she looked at me like I'd lost my mind. She just said try it on. Then laughed hysterically at my shocked face when it fit.

    I've done the baking soda trick, but never heard of adding cinnamon! Opens up whole new possibilities! Cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger...OMG!

    Hey Snoo! I'm not sure about the cloves, allspice, ginger...but the cinnamon is not only a deodorizer, but also a mold/mildrew and yuck killer too.

    ETA: Big ole highest of fives on you getting into your daughter's top...that MEGA encouraging and cool as can be girl--BOOM!

    I didn't know cinnamon did all that! What a great thing to know! The other spices just smell good to me, so I'll probably try them too, just to change it up. I seriously love this tip!
    I haven't gotten to my PJ's yet, but they are on the list! I'm kinda scared, it'll be disappointing if none of them fit.
    edited October 2018
  • snoo61snoo61 Member Posts: 549 Member Member Posts: 549 Member
    Going shopping for buttons this afternoon, for a sweater I made for a friend's 1st grandbaby. After, I'm taking the 10 dog rugs to the dog shelter. Hopefully they are able to take donations, they were flooded by the hurricane. If they can't yet, I'll at least know when they will be able to.
  • charlie9ercharlie9er Member Posts: 274 Member Member Posts: 274 Member
    I'm a size 12...a size 12 and the 12s are fitting perfectly not at all too tight, no muffin top, even a tiny wee bit of room in the them--an amazing size 12, Thank you Lord!
    :'(o:):'( (these are tears of humbled JOY)! Sorry, I'm feeling a bit choked up and just so humbled about it. Wow...size 12!

    Sooooooooo excited for you!! 🎉🎉🎉 Being a 14 since forever I dream of the day I put on a 12! Congratulations on your success!! :smiley:
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    charlie9er wrote: »
    I'm a size 12...a size 12 and the 12s are fitting perfectly not at all too tight, no muffin top, even a tiny wee bit of room in the them--an amazing size 12, Thank you Lord!
    :'(o:):'( (these are tears of humbled JOY)! Sorry, I'm feeling a bit choked up and just so humbled about it. Wow...size 12!

    Sooooooooo excited for you!! 🎉🎉🎉 Being a 14 since forever I dream of the day I put on a 12! Congratulations on your success!! :smiley:

    {{{{{ WAVING HI o:)Charlie9ner o:) }}}}} I totally know what you mean and how you feel about being the in 14s forevah :# . Believe me you, you will get there, for sure and here's to cheering you on! THANK YOU ever so much for contributing to this thread, you ROCK!

  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Going shopping for buttons this afternoon, for a sweater I made for a friend's 1st grandbaby. After, I'm taking the 10 dog rugs to the dog shelter. Hopefully they are able to take donations, they were flooded by the hurricane. If they can't yet, I'll at least know when they will be able to.

    How adorable is that...the thought of a handmade (with love and care) tiny widdle sweet sweater for a new baby AND taking dog rugs to a shelter brings such JOY to my imagination. How lovely, thoughtful and CUTE Snoo!

    {{{ o:) Hugs o:) }}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I have one pair of kahkis, two pairs of linen pants, and an abundance of leggings/yoga pants - ALL of which are too big but it's all I've got at the moment! I seriously hate shopping and usually order online - but I have no idea what size I even am right now. So I'm working up the courage to get out there and get one pair of jeans. I think I'll try dressbarn, and old navy - usually cheap enough and fit decent. Not sure why it's taking such a kick in the pants to get me to do this??! Will have lots more clothes to donate soon.

    HEY!!!! Nice to hear from ya {{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}} Are you all done and settled in with the moving? Hope all is fabulous on that front. Girl, I totally "get-it" and love the way you phrase it "working up the "courage", because that's really what it boils down to. Wow! I get it. Let me share what you already know, once you get started...it's ON. Getting started is slap in the face, a kick in the behind and a knock-out punch to/for whatever issues we're struggling with.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    Decluttering literally helped me get myself out of depression. I was living in a studio apartment with a boyfriend I had stopped really respecting as a person. It took me a year to wrench myself out of a tv-watching, friend-avoiding, fast-food-binging, no-laundry-doing, no-cooking, couch-laying slump and finally break up with him and move out.

    When I moved out and back in with my parents, I was putting my things in my small room and I just came up with a little rule out of nowhere. I told myself "if I can't find or create a place for an item, I have to throw it away." This little rule helped me donate a ton of clothes, give away a bunch of unnecessary items I was saving for no reason, and keep perfect track of all my belongings. I had always ALWAYS been a messy child and a messy adult, but this little rule (and a few others that came along) just helped me become and STAY organized. I started making my bed every day, putting things away as soon as I was done, keeping clothes in the closet or in the hamper, washing dishes immediately instead of keeping them in the sink for days. My life and home habits are totally different, and they've STAYED that way. It was amazing, and it all came of a little rule shift.

    This sense of living in an organized space gives me so much less anxiety in my home, and I carried it along with me to my new apartment. Having one thing in order made it easier to get other things in my life in order, like my calendar, my emails, my work, and my nutrition.

    Hey Galli {{{{ o:) HUGS <3 }}}}...girl, you're amazing and bring such JOY to me...Wow, first and foremost...THANK YOU ever so very much for contributing to this thread. Your post is going to encourage, inspire and help sooooo many people. I literally have tears of JOY reading what you wrote and more important empathizing and totally getting where you were and where you are now. That's the stuff shero's are made of and again, your post is so powerful, just tremendous--I LOVE IT! What makes tears well up in my eyes is the thought that there is (literally) a millions of women/people who wait forever or even never do anything about their "mess", but "go-along-to-get along" and live in depression and misery and FAR BELOW their "potential". Living at least many, many years before finally throwing down the gauntlet (with themselves firstly) and LET GO of "stuff" (people, places and things) that are literally contributing to "hell on earth" for you. For you to take on the courage and dare to LET IT GO and go on to do something better for your mental, physical, spiritual, health is the stuff of FIRST CLASS winners and ALL TIME champions are made you. YAY YOU, you ROCK, period.

    P.S. big ole BOOOOOM!!!!
    edited October 2018
Sign In or Register to comment.