Weight gain, no loss

My weight loss has stopped dead .I have not lost weight. I have even gained two pounds. I am on the same program, not cheating, logging everything in. I have increased the exercise, but not all that much. I have no clue what is going on. I have a normal thyroid function. I just cannot go down under a set point. It is like my body is fighting back hard. My first inclination is to fast for a day or so and see it it makes a difference. And no I am not drinking lots of water. I do not like water.

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    If your body is fighting that hard, it's time to take a break. Eat at maintanence for a week or two then start cutting your calories again.
  • FASTBALL1539
    FASTBALL1539 Posts: 6 Member
    You might try changing your workout routine or implementing one if you don't already have one.
  • have you tried a juice cleanse or something...to change things up a bit.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Just keep on keeping on - my body does this too! Just ping pongs back and forth through a couple of pounds for weeks and weeks on end. I suggest just keeping an eye on the scale and giving yourself a bit of a break -from pressure that is not logging.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    That's am easy one. You are likely retaining a ton of water due to not flushing it out through drinking it. Sometimes you need to do things you do not like in order to be healthy/see results. That is what we tell our 6 y/o. Lol. :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Or... stop weighing yourself for a while and go strictly on inches lost.
    The scale can be a very unreliable and fickle way of gauging your progress.
  • Also if you have stepped up your exercise, you need to take into account the difference that building your muscles will have. I personally refuse to diet 7 days a week. I stick to it religiously 6 days a week then have my treats on a Saturday and go Swimming etc. I'm happy with a leisurely non stressful 1-2lbs a week and that does seem to work for me
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I had to cut calories by at least 100 a day, and eat more vegetables. Cut way down on breads, cheese and meat. Eat a few nuts to keep you feeling full, and have beans of some sort on a daily basis. Watch your sugar intake carefully, don't overdo the fruit. Eat more vegetables! Pile up on dark leafy greens. Watch your sodium like a hawk. Add it to your nutrients tracked on your food diary if you haven't already. Change what you're doing, your body has probably gotten too used to a routine.

Since you don't drink water, what do you drink? Hopefully not a lot of fruit juice.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    DItto what others have said, more water, maintenance for a week and give yourself a break. If you're ok with sweeteners, the Mio Water enhancers are great!! Just a little splash adds just enough sweet/flavor if you aren't into water. Try the water ICE COLD, that does the trick for me when I'm just not in the mood to drink water.
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks, you guys keep me going. I dance 3-4 times a week. I have a tea drink that has no calories (Swiss Blueberry and Pomegrante). Perhaps I should just drink ice cold water with ice in it instead. I do not eat meat. I am not a fat eater. I do like my carbs but I am not doing anything 'diet illegal' with them.

Perhaps it is my age or perhaps I am just stressing and should be kicking the scale. I am getting compliments but the scale does not bear it out. This is a strange one for me. I was never originally heavy, I have no real heavy people in my family. It is not genetic. I guess one pound a year for the years I have been married says it all.

I am going to do something different and see if that works. More veggies like my hubby, more fruit, like my hubby and I don't drink fruit juice. I read and I know. I just cannot connect it with results for ME.
  • I would say stress would do it. Relax and try to get comfortable with your routines and be proud of what you have achieved so far.13lbs is a great achievement and the compliments you have mentioned would say others agree with me. Take your time, take a break and don't panic. You will do it when you are ready but stressing yourself out over it and making "food and calorie maintenance" the absolute centre of your life day in day out will make you poorly also. Well done for what you have accomplished so far and good luck for the future