Plant based?

Options
GlitterNGemstones
GlitterNGemstones Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2018 in Getting Started
Hello!
I am looking for friends that are plant based eaters. Ideally with open diaries for food inspiration + share recipes. You don't need to be 100% plant based. Heck, you don't need to be plant based at all to by my friend on here. If you add me pls let me know in the comment section if you are or are not vegetarian or vegan. Thanks!

Replies

• giapatel11
    giapatel11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am plant based and vegan, I can share some recipes with you.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Add me my diary is open for friends
  • bullenshelley
    bullenshelley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love some plant based friends too! Add me x
  • Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm vegan (:
    My diary is open and I would love to have more plant based/vegan friends on here
  • sandeepnigam001
    sandeepnigam001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am vegan. Looking for veg/vegan friends.
  • lisamarie1608
    lisamarie1608 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Me too I have been on and off plant based diet for a few years but I do struggle with meals ideas plus feeding a family of meat eaters vreates double the work every day. I know feel better eating plant based so need ideas.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Add me too
    Jill
  • ohellzbellz1
    ohellzbellz1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm not actually 100% plant based or even 100% vegetarian ... Yet
    But I am making more plant based choices, is there anyone that's happy for me to friend them and view their diary? I'd love some more ideas on plant based alternatives to move into more choices.
    I understand if not, I'm not fully vegan etc. It can be a controversial haha.
    If your happy to feel free to connect 😊
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a WFPB diet and it is working for me. Feel free to add me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm an plant based omnivore...but I don't keep a diary.
  • jb5mom
    jb5mom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am vegan
  • CitrusMaiden
    CitrusMaiden Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm completely plant based, but I just made this account and I don't how soon I will start logging, I have so much going on in my life at the moment, but I definitely will at some point.

Anyone may add me if they want :blush:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi, ovo-lacto vegetarian who cooks mostly dairy-free. (The short explanation is that I'm strictly kosher, married to a meat-eater and there are some rules about not mixing milk and meat that make sharing a table with my husband challenging if he's having steak and I'm having mac-n-cheese. Most vegetarian cookbooks seem to be over 50% dairy and don't feel worth the cover price, so I buy more vegan cookbooks. I still eat eggs and dairy and I cook and bake with eggs.) Diary's open!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 44+ years (ovo-lacto), eat a good bit of dairy and the occasional egg, but boatloads of plant foods, mostly cooked from scratch. I don't log every single day these days (in 3rd year of maintenance), but do most of the time. Diary is open to friends.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I wish this thread were still active. I am trying to go plant base. Previously I lost 47 pounds eating about 85% plant base. Well as soon as I fell off of course I am right back to starting over. Feeling better...one week of plant base.
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ah - I was looking for a thread like this.

Where ARE all the vegans ?

• sonjalewis622
    sonjalewis622 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am vegan. I try to cook as much unprocessed food as I can. Any other vegans or vegetarians can add me as a friend. I don't know how to do the open diary. But I don't mind giving out ideas of the recipes or tips I have learned on my journey. I have lost 2 and a half stone so far.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    This group is not very active, but it's more recent than this thread from 2018!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

Post in one of the recent existing threads there (vs. starting a new one), you might get some still-present members to answer. Not sure.

I'm not vegan. I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for over 48 years, thin to fat to obese and (7+ years ago) back to thin, in that healthy weight range since then. I eat lots of plant foods, but some dairy and the occasional egg. I accept friend requests but am not very active on that side of things, other than still logging most days - more of a Community forum gal.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,249 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am vegan. I try to cook as much unprocessed food as I can. Any other vegans or vegetarians can add me as a friend. I don't know how to do the open diary. But I don't mind giving out ideas of the recipes or tips I have learned on my journey. I have lost 2 and a half stone so far.

@sonjalewis622

Welcome!

To open your diary, go to your main page on the website, and click on "settings" up near the top right of the page. On the iOS app, tap to the "more" area in the lower right with three dots and then tap on "settings."

From the website, choose "Diary settings" and scroll down below where you can change what the names of your meals are; you'll see an area with "Diary Sharing." You can set it to Private, Public, or Friends Only. You have yours set on private.

From the iOS app in the settings area, tap "Sharing & Privacy," and then tap "Diary Sharing." Same choices as on the web.

No idea how it works on Android, but I bet a bagel that it's about the same.
  • sonjalewis622
    sonjalewis622 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot
    Thanks for that , I will have a go if anyone wants to befriend me 👍