In a Dark Place

Options
In the spring of 2017, I was hospitalized anorexia; it definitely worked for symptom interruption. I was doing well maintaining a weight at 140 lbs until my doctor took me off my medication for PCOS about 8 months ago. My weight has since soared to 175. I've been restricting which has helped halt the weight gain but I haven't lost a single pound. I saw an endocrinologist a few weeks ago who essentially encouraged me to have a full blown relapse...he said to do intermittent fasting while keeping my daily calories under 900 for the day.
I had a breakdown today and packed up all of my clothes but 5 hideous shirts, 2 pair of jeans and 3 pair of dress pants for work. I used to self-harm...its been 8 years since the last time but I sooo want to today...this must be what an addict feels like when they need a hit...I dont know if I'm going to be able to resist the urge. I can't bring myself to go into public because of how hideous I feel. I'm supposed to go to Los Vegas in 10 days but the thought of it is causing a panic attack because of how far and ugly I am. I'm also supposed to be going out with some old high school friends next weekend but I don't think I can bring myself to do it. I loath how I look...I loath everything about myself. I know this sounds petty and poor me but unless you've been an ugly and fat female you won't understand.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Do you still have a treatment team? You need to reach out to them immediately. Please don't self harm.

You're in my thoughts!

@sarahbums thought you would have some insight here.
  • StarBright147
    StarBright147 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other comments to see your treatment team. You need someone to look at the big picture and do the lab work. I was 130 and went rapidly to 193 due to health issues. I’m at 165 now. It’s not a good feeling but it’s reversible. It’s tough because weight loss is not a fast process. A gastroenterologist has helped me with my diet and feeling better physically. Connect with your medical team. Hugs.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes--you need professional help. Please get it. I read your profile. I think you should read it again, you put some good thoughts in there, and you're doing this for your children.