WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy, Healthy, Peaceful Good Sunday to All!

Carol in GA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pip - Thought of you as I dressed for the rain this morning!

7476erej7k4h.jpeg

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Done my writing, done my running. :D Listened to Beethoven's Emperor Concerto and Send In The Clowns. Love that song.
    I'm amazed I got any writing done as twice it was interrupted by my DSIL ringing me up for advice about the IP. Sorted all that out and then the supermarket delivery girl rang me for directions to our house. Grrrrrrrrrr! When she eventually arrived she said she was new and did not have good sense of direction and hated the sat nav. Hmmmm. ........
    Anyway the contents of the delivery meant we sat down to a delicious Tricolore salad. Yummo! The fabulous buffalo mozzarella is made in Hampshire.
    Fish curry tonight. :D<3 And a bottle of AF wine from the delivery that I haven't tried before. My son and my BFF both like it.

I'm amazed at all your Halloween furore. You do know it's not until the 31st October? Lanette? Why have you already got candy in the house? :o>:)

I'm reading another decluttering book which is very good. This afternoon I'm going to declutter a kitchen drawer. o:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I'm sick with a cold. Sleeping and laying around.

<3

Hope you feel better quickly. Sending hugs and prayers <3

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Janetr, Michele, & Barbara- thanks! Not coughing as much today. It is nice having Shep here because he gets me outside for walks and play time!

<3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options

I'm amazed at all your Halloween furore. You do know it's not until the 31st October? Lanette? Why have you already got candy in the house? :o>:)
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Down here Halloween isn't much of a thing. I haven't purchased Halloween candy since I moved to Australia.

And actually because I lived in apartments that didn't allow kids in and similar places, I don't recall handing out Halloween candy ever as an adult. I know my mother, did but not me.

M in Oz

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options

We made Cousin It!

That’s wonderful!! What did you use?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Pip - Thought of you as I dressed for the rain this morning!

7476erej7k4h.jpeg

Okie in the TX Hill Country

them there r it!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Wrote a long post early this morn. Must of been TOO early as I have no idea where it went.

Been so busy with company & lots more coming for Thanksgiving.Very unusual for us........but it’s what family wanted.
    Thankful we have another place to have our dinner. 26 ppl expected,maybe another 3.

Sister will be here for 10 days..........she was here last mo & accepted our invatation to come back.Her hub is gone for an auction & her son will be working.1st time in ages she has felt like traveling.Her health is another long story.

I’ve had no Dr appts except to wish our heart Dr goodbye.He’s retiring & headed for Jackson Hole,Wy. Such a beautiful area.

Our Great Grson is 4 & doing great at his part time pre school.Between that & his just retired Grma (teacher)...... learning fast. He counted to 12 on the phone in Spanish.The world is changing fast,so learning diff languages will be all to the good.

Have a small roast beef in the slo cooker.....smells yummy. I seldom use any small appliance........but had other things to do.The small appliances are the next things to go.Washed bed pillows yesterday,damp mopped floors & cleared out fridge this morn. Don’t know how 2 ppl have so much trash,but we sure do.

Found just reading a couple pages at a time works for me. Of course you never catch up,but that’s my plan.All talked out. Happy Sunday! Pat in Oh
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, Thanks for the book recommendation ("Decluttering at the Speed of Life"). My library has the book and I've put a hold on it. We did our kitchen utensil drawers awhile ago and just yesterday took the discards to the thrift shop.

:)Pat in OH, reading this thread is so helpful to me even if I read only a bit at a time and don't respond much. It tells me I'm not alone.

:) Yesterday we took two bags to the thrift shop, did grocery shopping, and picked up the shoes I'd ordered. They fit perfectly and will be my everyday shoes all winter. Then we took my walking friend out to lunch. Jake wanted to thank her for all the times she walked the dogs when I couldn't and it was hard on him. She had surgery last month and is just feeling like going out again. We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and chose dishes from the "chef specialties" page on the menu, enjoyed them a lot, and each brought home half to eat for another meal. For the first time in years, I ordered something different from what I usually order.

:)<3 Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Alison ~ Sounds like you are coming up with some good plans!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Heather, IMHO, Decluttering at the Speed of Life is the best decluttering book I’ve ever read. It is practical and doable no matter where you are in the process. Her question, “If I were looking for this, where would I look?” Is so perfect. I can’t tell you the things I’ve lost because I put them where I thought they should go rather than where I would look for them.

And when she says, if it would not occur to you that you even had this, go ahead and get rid of it....well, duh! Why didn’t I think of that?

Hope you all are doing well. I’m trying to rest. I’m reading a real train wreck of a book, but I have to read it to the end to see where these stupid people end up. It has three main characters, and I cannot like any of them. It’s called I Will Never Leave You by S.M. Thayer. I do not recommend it. Thank goodness it was free with Kindle Unlimited.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Snowflake Cousin It is simple to make. Buy adults’ & children's hula skirts at the dollar store, turn a tomato cage upside down, tie skirts on, and put a hat and glasses on. Voila!

Katie & Heather I might just get that decluttering book since you recommend it so highly. I think most decluttering books are useless. And I shall avoid I Will Never Leave You Lol!!😂😂😂

Karen in Virginia done with work and heading home
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coast or - sounds like a wonderful day! Our board of directors went through that training here at our park, which resulted, after some logging, in re-planting the correct species for our terrain and a concerted effort to get rid of invasives. We have a LIT of Englush Ivy to get rid of. Goats are helping with the blackberries!

Machka - so good to know half the globe is enjoying spring! Your photos are lovely!

Karen in VA - That bouquet is superb! So very pretty in that great case!

NYKaren - the Finger Lakes area looks so lovely! I have a friend who owned property there that she recently donated to the Nature Conservancy. I always enjoyed her pictures.

Heather in UK - Yes, Halloween causes quite a to-do around here nowadays. When I was young it was just kids, costumes and treats. No decor, very few "grown-up" parties, and other than a wider candy selection and costume items, little notice from the stores. We're a bit nuts over here, as you can see from our continual national turmoil.

I wish I had the decluttering gene. I'm constitutionally incapable of even noticing it most of the time. My Dads and DGDs bring it to my attention and set-to with me now and then to assault the foothills of my clutter piles.

Pat in OH - Former Buckeye here! Sounds like you're in the middle of a typical Ohio autumn! I'm delighted that most of my grandkids are fairly fluent in another language! I DO wish more schools still taught Latin! It's the basis for so many other languages.

Barbie in drizzly (it sure is!) NW WA - I love to explore Chinese and Thai food! We're down to only one good restaurant here in our little town, so I sometimes stop in Seattle after my once a week trip into town. I'm a little intimidated by finding parking in the international District, but SO want to go there!

Kayla - I'd love to see your Halliween parade! Which town is it? I don't know the movie "Halloween", but will look for it! Do post a photo of your friend and her horse, if you can figure out how!

Rebecca - I occasionally think of moving there (to OAk Harbor) to be nearer my other two daughters, but I'd be leaving a community of friends and my other DD, DSIL and DGS, Which would be hard. However, I love the community I see in place up there!

DrKatieBug - I had to laugh out loud at your description of the book and it's characters! I too cannot just leave a book. No matter how infuriating, I slog along to the end! Kudos for your persistence. I decidedly won't read it! Thanks for the warning.

I am lazier than usual today. Lolled around in bed until past 11:30, busily not sleeping and getting in my battles in Summoners War. Not a total waste if time, since I chat with the youngsters on there as I play. Younger folks are so interesting!

The cats and I are now established in the recliner, as usual, looking out at fall happening and the birds nibbling the squirrels' leftovers at the feeder.

Sharon in the Seattle area
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;

jog- 62.40min, 143ahr, 157mhr, 5.7-7.2sp, 9.38min mi, 6.5mi= 690c
    Apple Watch 753c
    other- pick up poop, Apple Watch only- 11.18min= 28c

total cal 718
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in the Seattle area: I go by Katla, not Kayla. It is a combination of my first name and last name. Halloween Town was a Disney movie that bacame 3 Disney movies. The original was filmed in the town where I live. We have an annual Halloween Parade, and one of the film's stars comes for a visit. Everyone seems to have a great time. Katla in Halloweentown