Anyone looking to start C25k Monday (8/22)?

Options
I downloaded the Couch 2 5K app yesterday and I am wanting to start Monday. Anyone else want to join me?
If you want to send me a friend request and pm with your real name, starting weight( we'll only do starting and ending weight) and how long(time) you can run/jog wothout stopping.

Replies

• wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'll join if i can find the app to download:)
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Was it free to download? I've been dying to do that program. I want to be a runner!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get motivated to do this. :)
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is? :smile:
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mind if I ask which one you got? ( which company)...I'm interested :)

~
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!! I am just downloading it now!!!!
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I just heard about this program and I'm really interested in giving it a shot since I've recently set a goal for myself to complete a 5K by the end of the year. I haven't downloaded it yet but I have the free C25K Lite app on my phone. Do you know if there's a difference between the two? I'll definitely pay for the download if the benefits are worth it.....
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is? :smile:
    It's a running program called Couch to 5k.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 a couple of weeks ago, but had to stop for a surgery. I was thinking of picking back up on week two next week if my doctor approves it. Of course, after a couple of weeks off, I may need to go back to week 1.
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Ok, I just googled it. If you're serious about starting on Monday, then count me in! I'm already running, but have noticed I have no endurance beyond running/jogging 3 miles. I am winded, tired and instead of increasing my run time, it's decreasing.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I have it for Blackberry, there was like 6 versions and I got the free one by Uimukti Technologies PVT Limited. It is called "Couch 2 5k Free"
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I'll join if i can find the app to download:)

I have it for blackberry the one called "Couch 2 5K Free" it is my Uimtuki Technologies PVT Limited.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Mind if I ask which one you got? ( which company)...I'm interested :)

~

The company was Uimutki Technologies PVT Limited on Blackberry App World
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Ok, I just googled it. If you're serious about starting on Monday, then count me in! I'm already running, but have noticed I have no endurance beyond running/jogging 3 miles. I am winded, tired and instead of increasing my run time, it's decreasing.

I am very serious! I can't run/jog 60 secs without being winded! I need to build my stamina. Send me a pm with your name and sw ( we'll only do starting weight and ending weight) and how long (time) you can run without stopping.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Hey there!

I just heard about this program and I'm really interested in giving it a shot since I've recently set a goal for myself to complete a 5K by the end of the year. I haven't downloaded it yet but I have the free C25K Lite app on my phone. Do you know if there's a difference between the two? I'll definitely pay for the download if the benefits are worth it.....

I have the free on blackberry and have read review for the paid and free versions and they seem the same to me. I have the one by Uimutki Technologies. The company that made the one I have has a setting to use a playlist saved to the phone and will automatically play when you start and has voice commands
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    The one I have is free on Blackberry. It is by Uimutki Technologies PVT Limited. My husband has an Android and I will see if they have one freee but for any other app stores I'm sure they do and if they don't it should be under $3.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I found one for $1.99 that looks really cool. I started walking alot last year and I've found that walking isn't enuff so I started jogging and really like it. Friend me if you like :)

~Dawn
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    If you haven't reread the first post: Everyone seriously interested, send me a friend request, a pm with real name, starting weight ( we're only doing starting and ending weights) and how long (time you can run/jog without stopping. Every week after you complete the 3 days do a assesment test to see how long you can run/jog wothut stopping and send those results to me by that Sunday.
  • marneymac
    Options
    I'm starting the program on Saturday
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I'm starting the program on Saturday

That is fine as long as you can get stats to me by sundays. First check in will be this sunday and I need your starting weight and how long you can run/ jog wothout stopping(time). then every suday after that i need how many miles you ran/jogged each day (if you can) and how long you ca run/jog without stopping ( do this after you have completed the week, just get a stopwatch and start running and when you can't run anymore stop the timer and send me that time) good luck! monday I will post a link for the spreadsheet with everyones info