Any vegans out there?

Options
Hey! I’ve been vegan for a little over a year now. I love animals and I like knowing that I am doing good towards them but honestly the reason I went vegan was for the health benefits. I’d love to hear your vegan stories!

Replies

• ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just recently (last 2 months) moved to a whole food, plant based diet. It's been working well for me.
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello! Been a chubby vegan 2.5 years (vegetarian for 10 years before). All becuase of animals, and am now working on becoming better health wise for myself!
    Feel free to add and share stories, recipes and support!
    Good luck with your journey!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Engine 2 cookbook has great recipes. Have loved almost all of them so far.
  • deborahramsdellpuzon
    Options
    Moving to a plant based vegan lifestyle to better my health! I’ve gained around 70 lbs in the last 5 years, battled depression. Discovered plant based and meditation and I’m working on being a better me. Does anybody else feel like they start every Monday only to fail and wait to start again until the next Monday? Endless cycle
  • Hpsienzant
    Hpsienzant Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan myself, but my father is. He still cooks meat-based food for the rest of the family, and he also makes a vegan dish for himself. Sometimes he will make something vegan for the whole family to eat. He even has his own cookbook and has printed out a few recipes from online.

The reason he went vegan is because he doesn't like how the animals are treated. We also have a pet cat so he (the cat) plays a bit of a reason as to why he went vegan.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    What about insects?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    What about insects?

What about them?
  • riesensa
    riesensa Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hpsienzant wrote: »
    I'm not vegan myself, but my father is. He still cooks meat-based food for the rest of the family, and he also makes a vegan dish for himself. Sometimes he will make something vegan for the whole family to eat. He even has his own cookbook and has printed out a few recipes from online.

The reason he went vegan is because he doesn't like how the animals are treated. We also have a pet cat so he (the cat) plays a bit of a reason as to why he went vegan.

I’m the same way since I’m the only vegan in my house haha

• riesensa
    Options
    Moving to a plant based vegan lifestyle to better my health! I’ve gained around 70 lbs in the last 5 years, battled depression. Discovered plant based and meditation and I’m working on being a better me. Does anybody else feel like they start every Monday only to fail and wait to start again until the next Monday? Endless cycle

That’s awesome! And yes I can definitely relate to the cycle

• riesensa
    Options
    ebert5150 wrote: »
    Engine 2 cookbook has great recipes. Have loved almost all of them so far.

I’ll check it out. Thanks!
  • lunabas
    lunabas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vegan since July 2017 - 110lbs weight loss, from eating delicious and cruelty free foods! X
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    WFPB here, since January. Maintaining weight and my skin looks a heck of a lot better.
  • bullenshelley
    bullenshelley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm looking to find some vegan friends on MFP, for recipe sharing and motivation! Please add me if you would like x