Sprinkle Diet? Seriously??

Options
Ok, I will admit, I did weight watchers (old program, not this new momentum points plus nonsense) , and I seriously thought about Nutrisystem, but I am not rich sooo thats out too lol.

then I see this sprinkle diet? sprinkle either a sweet or savory sprinkles on your food and you eat less. they are tasteless... so what gives? Whats the secret? i am thinking its placebo effect... but anyone have info?

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sensa. It's magic fairy dust!! :laugh:
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will admit, I did weight watchers (old program, not this new momentum points plus nonsense) , and I seriously thought about Nutrisystem, but I am not rich sooo thats out too lol.

then I see this sprinkle diet? sprinkle either a sweet or savory sprinkles on your food and you eat less. they are tasteless... so what gives? Whats the secret? i am thinking its placebo effect... but anyone have info?

What makes you think the new weight wtachers system is nonsense? I would be interested to know. xx
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    OMFG....seriously?? That's quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of....are you sprinkling crack on your food?? Cuz that will probably give you less of an appetite for sure.
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    Yeah why cant they just put it in pill form and when I get hungry I take one and I'm not hungry anymore?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    There was also this other diet stick that you suck in and then you eat the food but it makes everything taste bad so you do eat it. I am sure mint gum does the same thing.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I ordered Sensa last year and sent it back.. It grossed me out and I felt it had no effect on my sense of "fullness". I would much rather do things the normal way.. And so far, so good. :)
  • NABrightEyes
    Options
    I know a guy that swears by Sensa......I heard it has nasty side effects....
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My mom tried it (always searching for the new miracle)..it doesn't work. At all. Don't bother wasting your money on it. Eat healthier, exercise more.
  • dolphin030574
    dolphin030574 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My best friends co-worker is using that, Sensa I believe. She said it works for her and she's lost about 15 lbs so far. I'm on the Phentramine/Prozac diet. It's the lastest craze in Dallas, several of my friends are on it and they have lost a ton of weight. I just started so fingers crossed!
  • jodiweedin
    Options
    I tried Sensa also.... exactly right Magic Fairy Dust in your head. It didn't work... Embarrassed to say I actually paid for that stuff!! wow
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

What makes you think the new weight wtachers system is nonsense? I would be interested to know. xx

I had sucess with the old program. Good ol fiber, calories and fat. But then they threw the rest into the mix (which granted a lot of people needed to watch) They tweaked it so people couldnt pig out on low cal high fiber foods for next to nothing in points. Then said that veggies and fruit are free. I think that the new way is set up for failure. For me, personally. But I am glad to see it working for everyone else on it!! It just didnt work for me the second time around.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OMFG....seriously?? That's quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of....are you sprinkling crack on your food?? Cuz that will probably give you less of an appetite for sure.

LOL Yup cocaine sprinkles. Or Meth flakes :laugh: :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Here's a good article explaining exactly what it is and why it doesn't work:
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

Even the premise that making something taste more yummy would make you eat less seems skewed!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My best friends co-worker is using that, Sensa I believe. She said it works for her and she's lost about 15 lbs so far. I'm on the Phentramine/Prozac diet. It's the lastest craze in Dallas, several of my friends are on it and they have lost a ton of weight. I just started so fingers crossed!

Seriously? Maybe you were being sarcastic.. but thats a REALLY dangerous combination.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight do it right so you wont gain it back. I lost 80lbs without any help but will power and determination.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Here's a good article explaining exactly what it is and why it doesn't work:
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-sensa

Even the premise that making something taste more yummy would make you eat less seems skewed!

Seriously. If something tastes super delicious I will eat myself sick on it.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Meth Flakes...I love it!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    hahaha you could sprinkle meth on your food and poof not want to eat anymore either probobly not the best idea,seriously some silly diet products out there
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Meth Flakes...I love it!

AND you lose your teeth which makes eating even more difficult.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Breakfast of Champions...