2 months of no weight loss:(

Options
I started in Feb and lost 30lbs by June...I'm still working out and using myfitpal, but I have not lost anymore? I have hit a brick wall and my goal is to lose another 20lbs. Not sure what to do, I'm always doing different workouts to not get bored. I need an exact plan to follow to get over this. HELP!

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    the closer you get the more you'll need to eat. maybe up the calories?

You look fantastic by the way!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Join the club! Lost 40 lbs in 5 months.. been stuck trying to lose the last 20 for 3-4 months...
  • mikeroplay
    Options
    I can't really help you, but I know exactly how you feel, I am stuck at 26 pounds lost, no weight lost in the last 2 months. All we can do I keep going, people tell me, "you didn't gain all the weight at once, you can't expect to lose it all at once." Just keep eating right and exercising, eventually you will see results.

Hang in there,

Mike
  • boulank
    boulank Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also in the same boat lost 26 lbs since end of February and I've been trying to lose the last 5-7 Since mid-June. I tried upping my calories, so far it hasn't worked.

I'm 5' 2"
    SW:154
    CW: 127
    GW: 120
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Same here! Last 20lbs is killing me! I got down 4lbs about 3 weeks ago but I'm stuck again! I've started to eat more and take a rest day...Nothing is happening! I've finally let go and realized it isn't about the weight but how you feel inside. I'm feeling pretty damn good!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Maybe try measuring yourself? Sometimes the scale takes a plateau because you've stopped losing weight but continue to lose inches.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you only have 20 pounds to lose, then change your settings to lose 0.5 pounds a week. You should then get a higher daily calorie goal.

The closer you get to goal, the lower your weekly weight loss.

In fact, you may find that end up losing a pound a week once you eat the new amount of calories.
    Plus, if you didn't/don't eat your exercise calories - then try eating some of them back.

Edited to add: I agree with the other posts, that you may not be eatng enough...
    I eat 1800 - 2000 calories a day (calculated in www.fat2fitradio.com/bmr) and I lose 1.5 pounds every 2 weeks... even though I still have 40 pounds to lose, i'm happy with that....
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    How's your eating habits - are there little things you could change?? Sometimes too much sodium can get in the way - or maybe a few extra carbs?? Without seeing your diary, it's hard to give much advice. But check your diary for things you do differently now versus before when you were losing. ((HUGS))
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck too! For about 3 months now. Hang in there!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others about checking out your calories. You may need more. Also ... you body gets use to routine. So you need to mix it up a bit. Go balls to the wall on a different workout for a week or so. Mix your workout routine up a bit and see if that works.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is me too - don't get discouraged. I just upped my calories a little this week to see if it will kick me out of this plateau. I'll know more Saturday morning when I weigh.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Lost about 18 pounds between Janurary and May, and have been plateaued for quite a while now. Just can't seem to hit 20 pounds, and my goal is 35. Just gotta keep at it, it'll come eventually!

I agree with those above who have said a (reasonable) cheat day helps, about once a week. It has done wonders for me in the past, just to jump start my metabolism a bit.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    It will be useful to change your weekly weight loss goal to 1 lb. or 1/2 lb./week. Make sure to eat any and all additional calories burned by exercise.

Plateaus happen bc muscle mass has increased -- that's good -- but muscle mass must be refueled, meaning it needs more calories. While you may have succeeded for a while eating a large calorie deficit -- that was likely when you had a higher body fat percentage. Once your body fat is closer to the healthy - athletic range and you become a regular exerciser, you are now dealing with a different body -- congrats!

Here is a great post - FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK OUT LIKE CRAZY AND AREN'T LOSING:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

Many people resist eating exercise calories. I understand that it seems counterintuitive. However, you must learn that a fit body has different needs than an unfit body. Now that you have fit body, you must feed it correctly in order to break that plateau and continue improving.

blessings.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I also suggest going with 0.5lbs per week and eating exercise calories.

I NET about 2000 (although technically I try for 1750), gross about 2500. I've lost 7lbs in 2 months, and that was starting with 14lbs to lose.
  • Adrigal
    Adrigal Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone, So what I do now is burn about 2.5k to 3.5k a week and I eat all my calories and even go over; however, myfitpal is set to 1200 cals. I do Skyrobics, Bike, Hike, Run & Kayack weekly.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, So what I do now is burn about 2.5k to 3.5k a week and I eat all my calories and even go over; however, myfitpal is set to 1200 cals. I do Skyrobics, Bike, Hike, Run & Kayack weekly.

With all that exercise def. up your goal. You can either customize the calorie goal and play around to see what happens.. or up your activity level so that you will get more calories.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

You really need to change your weekly weight loss goal to 1 lb/week. Then your MFP cals will be set to 1700. This is what you're missing. 500 extra cals deficit on a small girl like you is undermining your efforts!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb and lost 30lbs by June...I'm still working out and using myfitpal, but I have not lost anymore? I have hit a brick wall and my goal is to lose another 20lbs. Not sure what to do, I'm always doing different workouts to not get bored. I need an exact plan to follow to get over this. HELP!
    Bump your calories up by 500-700 per day for the next couple of days.