Workouts for at Work?

Options
Does anybody have any suggestions for workouts that can be done in the office or in the car? I recently started a new position which requires a lot of driving around town or in office time, and I need some suggestions on things to do.

Replies

• joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people using resistance bands to do exercises in the office.

I just try to go for walks on my lunch break. I make my “lunch” out of small items, pre-prepped and ready so that I can munch at my desk just before/after my break. That way, my full 30 minute lunch break can be spent walking.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have heard of people using resistance bands to do exercises in the office.

I just try to go for walks on my lunch break. I make my “lunch” out of small items, pre-prepped and ready so that I can munch at my desk just before/after my break. That way, my full 30 minute lunch break can be spent walking.

Same.

ETA: When I'm traveling for work, I will stop at a rest stop and walk around for a least 10 minutes a couple of times during the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I don't "exercise" at work save for when I do a road or trail ride during my lunch break. I do get up every hour or so to walk around the office a bit...basically take the scenic route to the water cooler or rest room. I make time outside of work that is dedicated to purposeful exercise.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk. I used to go for a couple walks a day. One short 5 minute or so walk in the morning or afternoon, and then a longer walk at lunchtime. I've gotten kinda lazy about that though. I do exercise outside of work though.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Having not read others comments, if repeated my apologies.

Park further away, take the long way to and from the car when stopped. Stairs not the elevator.

Flex and relax your stomach as you're driving.

In the office get a stand up desk, or giant ball to sit on. Long way to and form copy machine, drinking fountain/water cooler, stairs not the elevator.

Air Squats in the office, Over head Press with a laptop bag/bag/brief case, Push Ups, Sit ups, Calf Raises, Wall Sits when reading a memo or report. Fully Extended Leg Raises when seated.

Resistance Bands work as well.

Try to do something every hour, dont have to beat yourself up every hour, but something is better then nothing.

Hopefully that helps some.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Walk in place every time you use the restroom until you get 200 steps. If you are like me and go to the bathroom a lot due to drinking a ton of water that really adds up. :smiley:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Running with Ideas
    Jumping to Conclusions
    Swimming in Paperwork
    Surfing the Internet
    Dancing around Sensitive Topics

Love this! It's a good thing they don't actually burn extra calories, particularly the 3 in bold because I'd be near death.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    CerPeck wrote: »
    Does anybody have any suggestions for workouts that can be done in the office or in the car? I recently started a new position which requires a lot of driving around town or in office time, and I need some suggestions on things to do.

Take the stairs everytime you visit somewhere
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
    Park further away or a block down the street, back of the lot, top floor of the parking garage, etc
    Get up and move each hour on the hour

I take the train to work, so I've started getting off one stop early and walking back to that same stop each day. That alone has nearly doubled my steps per day, and only adds 10 min to my morning and evening "commute."