Favorite clean meal?

Options
What’s everyone’s favorite food to eat that is clean and healthy? I love chicken and lean meat, but some recipes or ideas to make it not so boring, but at the same time not so fattining would be awesome.

Replies

• stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a favorite, but I've been enjoying a roasted turkey breast lately.

Also hummus.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love a big bowl of air-popped popcorn which I mist with water/vanilla/sucralose and a dusting of Flavacol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    I love a big bowl of air-popped popcorn which I mist with water/vanilla/sucralose and a dusting of Flavacol.

Very clean...
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I marinate chicken strips overnight in Italian dressing. Coat it in whatever you deem clean (breadcrumbs, flour, crushed nuts) and bake on a wire rack at 400 until crispy (~10 minutes depending on thickness). Best adult version of chicken nuggets ever! I usually have mine with a sweet potato w/butter, cinnamon, and a bit of maple syrup and half an avocado. I don’t know why that combo is so delicious but it is. They’re great dipped in ranch dressing, too 😊
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Green beans, but cooked- does that count as clean? I love green beans.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Extra sharp cheddar cheese.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm pretty big on variety, so I don't really have a favorite meal or anything. I cook a pretty wide variety of things. Making lasagna tonight...I've been craving it, but up until this week the weather has been too warm for it...finally feels like fall here this week.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I keep a variety of sauces in the fridge to make lean-protein-and-veggies more interesting, but my favorite is putting all of the toppings on my cheeseburgers.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What’s everyone’s favorite food to eat that is clean and healthy? I love chicken and lean meat, but some recipes or ideas to make it not so boring, but at the same time not so fattining would be awesome.

Use herbs and spices and marinades...and eat more than just chicken. Eat steak, eat fish, eat pork, eat ground beef, etc...make casseroles and soups and stews...Pinterest is your friend.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don' t think I eat any clean meals under most definitions of "clean".
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @amusedmonkey - I made something in that ballpark that was 140 calories a slice. If you feel adventuresome:
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/spinach-mushroom-feta-crustless-quiche/