What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Supersonic_
    Supersonic_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Working out the best way to tell my little girl her best friend is going to ‘Doggy Heaven’ on Monday

oh no :( sorry to hear
    Working out the best way to tell my little girl her best friend is going to ‘Doggy Heaven’ on Monday

There is nothing I could add to make you feel better about the inevitable task of informing your daughter and you all losing a member of your family to "Doggy Heaven."

I was 9 when my dog died protecting our family home from thieves, and I remember crying for weeks. She was my baby. The one I told my inner most thoughts to. My first real BFF. I agree with Deadlifts ... Bite the bullet and tell her the truth in the gentlest possible way.

this is random but please stay in the room with the pup when they do it (if she cant it’s understandable but like someone the pup knows should be there with him). a vet told me that when u leave and it happens they can panic and look for you to comfort them but you are gone, and it was so sad that it stuck with me. :(

sorry for your loss too <3

I'm going to remember this .. :'(

@MANBEHINDTHEMASK

So sorry ..

this is random but please stay in the room with the pup when they do it (if she cant it’s understandable but like someone the pup knows should be there with him). a vet told me that when u leave and it happens they can panic and look for you to comfort them but you are gone, and it was so sad that it stuck with me. :(

sorry for your loss too <3

Thankyou all for the kind words :)

@tinkerhellraiser I'll be there until the very end with him. She won't be there for it fortunately - i only see her weekends so Sunday she can say goodbye, Monday is when the Vet is coming to do the deed
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Metamorphoses
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

We told our son that our dog's body got really sick so his spirit was going to go up to the stars to keep watch over him. For years he'd find the brightest star in the sky and say "That's Charlie!"

I did blow it once, though, last year later when I said "What do you mean? We didn't get rid of Charlie. He got cancer and died."

Kiddo - "He's dead?!" [Waterworks]

Good luck. I understand wanting to be strong for her sake, but that's legit sad for both of you.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Cake with chocolate frosting.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    some girl just told me to smile more because i'm prettier when i smile :|
    smh they just don't understand how bad that makes us guys feel.

be quiet and go make me a sandwich

With a smile.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

toxic femininity running wild out here today i see
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options

I prefer to serve tacos
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options

how about something else covered in chocolate?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

toxic femininity running wild out here today i see

you can't stop me

lgida6uduja4.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

how about something else covered in chocolate?

Hmmmm.. depends on what we are talking about here.
  • Supersonic_
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

I'm so sorry. Some good advice already given. My friend went through this with her daughter. She found some children's books that helped.

Thankyou! :)

We told our son that our dog's body got really sick so his spirit was going to go up to the stars to keep watch over him. For years he'd find the brightest star in the sky and say "That's Charlie!"

I did blow it once, though, last year later when I said "What do you mean? We didn't get rid of Charlie. He got cancer and died."

Kiddo - "He's dead?!" [Waterworks]

Good luck. I understand wanting to be strong for her sake, but that's legit sad for both of you.

Haha nightmare. Thanks mate :)
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear. Al the best.
  • Supersonic_
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

So sorry to hear. Al the best.

Thankyou :)
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Thinking about getting my teen her first cell phone. I'm so over protective when it comes to my kids but I think its time to realize she's not my little girl anymore plus, I need to know where she's at at every hour of the day :#
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It’s very rare that a defibrillator fails.
    But when it happens no one is shocked.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Thinking about getting my teen her first cell phone. I'm so over protective when it comes to my kids but I think its time to realize she's not my little girl anymore plus, I need to know where she's at at every hour of the day :#

Was thinking about this the other day, at what age do you give your kid a phone?

I was surprised that one of my friends 8 year old daughter had a phone. I get it, it's good to be able to get a hold of your kid, and it's maybe a safety thing too (altho an 8 year old should be in adult supervision, imo) but I was a bit surprised.

And do you/should you look throu your kids phone?

As a teen, I'm assuming that would be a no, don't think it would go over well, but a younger child?