Uk based Costa lovers

Options
It’s not a regular thing, but I do enjoy a trip to the coffee shop every now and again. I normally stick to a coconut flat white, mostly because I really enjoy the taste, but also because I know it is a less calorie dense option.

Heck I would love to treat myself to a frappe or one if there more glamorous drinks...but they also seem like they are loaded with calories.

How is it possible to enjoy a indulgent drink in Costa without breaking the calorie bank??

What do you go for??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Skinny hot chocolate for me.

Or save the cals for a creamy frappe as a treat every so often if you really want one.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Black americarno with sugar free syrup

Although I’ve recently been converted to Starbucks
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I prefer old fashioned tea shops where I don't have to spend half an hour interpreting the drinks menu and then queing for ages while people draw pretty pictures on a cup of coffee - but hey, I'm old! A seat and a waitress bringing me tea in a China cup for me 😉😁
  • Supersonic_
    Supersonic_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Prefer costa to Starbucks TBH. Black Americano every time
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Black Americano with an extra shot as I prefer coffee with nothing added.

You fit it in your calorie allowance (daily or weekly) just the same as any other food or drink item. Life would be awfully dull without treats.

Run or cycle to Costa or skip a snack if you want a direct calorie counter-balance, some of the coffee flavoured concoctions really are more of a snack than a drink.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Agree with sijomial - a strong cappuccino for me once in a while - a little treat, a little luxury which I fit into my daily calorie allowance. And I walk a little bit longer. It is also about the people I meet at the coffee shop, a kind of support group - we are here for each other.
  • johnderobeck
    johnderobeck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of cycling to Costa for the counterbalance. I wish I could do the same for a cheeky chinese takeaway - but I'd probably need to cycle to the next county to get it!
  • dandelion85_
    dandelion85_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I go all out when I’m there but I have switched to coconut milk now or sugar free syrups
    I try my best ! I’ll just workout that little bit harder or cut some calories..
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of cycling to Costa for the counterbalance. I wish I could do the same for a cheeky chinese takeaway - but I'd probably need to cycle to the next county to get it!
    @johnderobeck
    You have some lovely roads in your area - here's a nice little circular route I did this month starting and finishing near the Minack Theatre and passing not far from Penzance. About 800 cals should put a good dent in your Chinese Takeaway. :smiley:

zm5s7t7difpp.png
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I prefer starbucks, and usually get an oat milk latte. A friend of mine was a manager at Costa for about ten years and in that time I got so much free Costa I now can't stand it :lol:
  • CreatureComforts13
    Options
    Black americano or double espresso. If I want something fancy, I'll get either a small latte with soy milk (never been a big fan of the syrups) or, in the summer, an unsweetened (no syrup) iced latte made with skimmed milk. The frappes/coolers are basically like drinking melted ice-cream: I'll have a chocolatey one about once a year if I'm having REALLY BAD PMS, but that's just because I'm not the biggest fan usually.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I usually do a 5km on a Sunday morning and then treat myself to a movie and a Costa. My “go to” is a massimo skinny gingerbread latte. Works out around 160 calories.

Equivalent is a Starbucks venti skinny caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup. Also around 160 calories.
  • Lifestyle0
    Lifestyle0 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Costa had these new vanilla/strawberry milk whip things and OMG....
    They taste BETTER than a regular milkshake and are ~80 cals for a small?
  • Amin75T
    Amin75T Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spitspot81 wrote: »
    It’s not a regular thing, but I do enjoy a trip to the coffee shop every now and again. I normally stick to a coconut flat white, mostly because I really enjoy the taste, but also because I know it is a less calorie dense option.

Heck I would love to treat myself to a frappe or one if there more glamorous drinks...but they also seem like they are loaded with calories.

How is it possible to enjoy a indulgent drink in Costa without breaking the calorie bank??

What do you go for??

Skinny wet mocha . I think I'm actually addicted to Costa .