Best Fitness Tracker

Options
Hey everyone. Im trying to pick the best fitness tracker. Im looking for something at or under $50-$60 if possible, waterproof, durable and not too clunky.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Pandemik14 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Im trying to pick the best fitness tracker. Im looking for something at or under $50-$60 if possible, waterproof, durable and not too clunky.
    Any suggestions?

What do you want from your fitness tracker? Are you just looking to count steps or calculate calories burned too? Do you want more than pedometer functions (like date/time, stopwatch, etc). It is impossible to make a recommendation without more information.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If you want waterproof that cheap, try a Misfit Flash (I had this one and found it good & functional although it disagreed with MFP about my BMR so would always up my calories much higher) or an older Garmin vivofit model (just read about them in my own research). If you don’t mind not syncing to MFP, the Moov seems really cool and it has some neat “coaching” aspects. I’ve forgotten the price for the Fitbit Flex 2 but it’s not too high & also waterproof.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I liked the fitbit flex ($60)
  • Pandemik14
    Pandemik14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im looking for something that can track steps and sleep etc but having smartwatch functions would be a plus (text, call)
  • earlnabby
    edited October 2018
    Options
    In your price range, you are not likely to get any of the smartwatch features. I have a Garmin Vivofit2 (currently $60-$90) and I love it. It is water resistant so I can swim with it, it runs on batteries so I never have to charge it (got 3 years out of the first set of batteries), it shows steps, miles, calories burned, date and time, and has a stopwatch function. It does track sleep and has an optional chest strap HRM for a extra $30 if you do steady state cardio like running or fast walking.

I used to have a Fitbit Flex but the battery stopped holding a charge after 14 months. Will not buy again, especially because many of the Fitbit models are only "splashproof" instead of water resistant.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pandemik14 wrote: »
    Im looking for something that can track steps and sleep etc but having smartwatch functions would be a plus (text, call)

Not at that budget.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options

I second the Fitbit Flex, it was my first activity tracker and I wore it for over 2 years before I upgraded it to one of the more expensive Fitbit models.
  • earlnabby
    Options

I second the Fitbit Flex, it was my first activity tracker and I wore it for over 2 years before I upgraded it to one of the more expensive Fitbit models.

The OP specifically said she wanted waterproof and the Flex is not.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

The current Flex model on the Fitbit website is waterproof enough that you can wear it while swimming... not sure how much more waterproof is needed for the average person, lol. Plus it's under $60 and while it doesn't show Caller ID or texts on a screen, it does vibrate when you get a call/text.
  • earlnabby
    Options

The current Flex model on the Fitbit website is waterproof enough that you can wear it while swimming... not sure how much more waterproof is needed for the average person, lol. Plus it's under $60 and while it doesn't show Caller ID or texts on a screen, it does vibrate when you get a call/text.

If you are referring to the Flex2, please specify. The Flex (still available from 3rd party sellers) is not swim proof.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

If you are referring to the Flex2, please specify. The Flex (still available from 3rd party sellers) is not swim proof.

My bad.

Flex 2 is in the price range and is water resistant. But it doesn't have all the smart watch features.