PB2

perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
edited October 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I need ideas on what to use this with and how to prepare it? I can't eat dairy and I don't eat/drink coconut or milk.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Both my uses of it are with dairy products.

Cookies? Brownies?
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    I use PB2 with my chocolate protein shake. Sometimes i'll put it in the freezer to have a custard like treat.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I used to eat PB2 frequently until I got bored with it. I'd often just mix it with water and eat it straight. Alternately, I'd put it on toast, sometimes along with jam or jelly. I also mixed it with oatmeal.
  • I use it on rice cakes or eat it with a banana, I've also mixed it in a smoothie.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    I like to add a little bit of water to make it a similar consistency to peanut butter and dip apple slices or baby carrots in it.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    I second adding it to oatmeal. My other uses are with dairy...
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited October 2018
    Add it to my smoothies with my alt milk. Also use as a sub for peanut butter by mixing with water and using pretzels for dipping.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I used to mix in a little water and spread it on toast.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I don't like it as an actual peanut butter substitute (like on sandwiches) but I mix it into cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Mix it into greek yogurt. Freeze until it just starts to harden, stir, add ice cream toppings if desired.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    It's a great substitute for peanut butter in the peanut sauce that I serve over chicken and pasta/zoodles.

~Lyssa
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    It's a great substitute for peanut butter in the peanut sauce that I serve over chicken and pasta/zoodles.

~Lyssa

I hadn't thought of that! I love a spicy peanut sauce! One of my favorite summer dishes (if anyone cares lol) is:

Thin strips of:
    Sweet red & yellow peppers
    Cucumber
    Onion
    Shredded carrots
    Shredded Purple cabbage
    Cooked Chicken breast
    Cilantro
    Mint
    Spicy peanut sauce

Best after it sits for a few minutes, but it gets watery if mixed too early.

Absolutely delicious...crunchy, cool, beautiful and refreshing! Now I want some.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I put it in pancake and waffle batter
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    I make an almond milk smoothie with mine... PB2, cocoa powder, stevia, splash of vanilla extract, 8-12 oz almond milk.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I make peanut sauce/dressing out of it. I also make protein peanut butter cups: https://theproteinchef.co/the-best-bodybuilding-protein-peanut-butter-cups-recipe/
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I use it to flavor plain non fat yogurt and give it a little more protein.

I mix it with water to spread on toast or roll up in XTreme Wellness High Fiber wraps; those are 50 cals each and then with 2 tablespoons of chocolate PB2, it still comes in under 100.

Like others - oatmeal. It's good in some cold cereals that are mostly grain like Chex. I mix it in almond milk and then pour it over the cereal to do that; it's hard to mix in to cold cereal without powder lumps.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Peanut sauce, as others have said. I mix the powder with a little soy sauce, maybe some chili sauce, and brown rice vinegar. Then I add whatever seasonings I feel like (choosing some rational subset of minced fresh garlic, chopped green onion, pulverized Szechuan peppercorns, grated fresh ginger, etc.) If I have a few extra calories, a bit of toasted sesame oil is a good addition. I like it on veggies, and/or edamame pasta.

I like the chocolate PB2 mixed with Greek yogurt and frozen berries, as a cold dessert.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I used to eat PB2 frequently until I got bored with it. I'd often just mix it with water and eat it straight. Alternately, I'd put it on toast, sometimes along with jam or jelly. I also mixed it with oatmeal.

Put it in my oats with some fresh strawberries. Pbj oats ftw!
  • Lifestyle0
    Lifestyle0 Posts: 17 Member
    PB2 Choc is the best for me - doesn’t rly taste chocolate-y but it somehow tastes better anyway. Regular pb2 can be used in savoury cooking like for a satay flavoured stir fry etc. Also if ur making hot choc, if u stick a sneaky tsp of pb2 in there it tastes wonderful.
    Otherwise I just mix a few tbsp of PB2 choc with a bit of water and eat it with a teaspoon, or maybe use it as a dip for toast etc as an alternative to spreading. Spice things up
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I need ideas on what to use this with and how to prepare it? I can't eat dairy and I don't eat/drink coconut or milk.

If whey bothers you in addition to regular dairy you can use vegan protein powder.

https://littlebitsof.com/2015/01/pb2-protein-power-balls/