Started on the 1st Oct! Not lost anything

Options
Hi, I started to count calories from the 1st Oct, stopped drinking alcohol - about 500 calories my normal and not lost anything! Any top tips? 🤪

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    What do you mean " 500 calories my normal " ???

My tip would be a) to make sure you are logging correctly and b) to make sure the calorie allowance you have set is correct for you.

And probably to give it couple more weeks before changing anything.

If you post your statistics - height, age,gender,activity level, current weight - we can check b) for you.

If you open your diary we can help with a)

Also maybe somebody can post very helpful flow chart that addresses this issue.
  • sammif1497
    sammif1497 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing this for nearly 6 weeks & im heavier than when I started! Devastating tbh
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Ezza280900 wrote: »
    What do you mean 500 my normal? If your eating that low you won’t lose weight in 2 weeks. If so, you body will be storing all you fat because ur body is unsure when it’s next meal is. It big heathy meals and you will see a change.

It doesn't work like that. If it did nobody would starve to death. Eating more isn't the answer to not losing.

The answer is probably that the OP needs to tighten up their logging but without more information it's hard to give advice beyond general tips.
  • ebholmes27
    ebholmes27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Ezza280900 wrote: »
    What do you mean 500 my normal? If your eating that low you won’t lose weight in 2 weeks. If so, you body will be storing all you fat because ur body is unsure when it’s next meal is. It big heathy meals and you will see a change.

It doesn't work like that. If it did nobody would starve to death. Eating more isn't the answer to not losing.

The answer is probably that the OP needs to tighten up their logging but without more information it's hard to give advice beyond general tips.

It sounds like the 500 cal. is alcohol i.e. a day, about 2 beers.

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Maybe your logging isn't as accurate as you think it is. Buy a food scale (pretty inexpensive) and start weighing your portions. Drink more water. Take a walk. Eat back 50% of the calories you earn by exercising. You may see progress over the next two weeks. Keep at it!