Can’t see a difference

Options
I’m 10lbs down but can’t see any difference, when will I start noticing a change?

SW:16st11lb CW:16st1lb.

Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    When you've lost 10% of your body weight. Look up the paper towel analogy.
    In the meantime, take body measurements + progress pictures
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? More petite ppl will see a difference sooner.

At 235 lbs SW, I would take a progress photo when you get to onederland and compare.

Take photos because you won't notice due to the day to day gradual change.

It's going to take a while. It is a slow and drawn out process requiring a different type of determination than most people realize at first ... What's your goal weight ?
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Look for differences in other ways...the mirror and scale only tell part of the story. Check your belt, have you gone down a notch or two? Do your usual pants feel a bit loose? Do you have more energy?
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    When you've lost 10% of your body weight. Look up the paper towel analogy.
    In the meantime, take body measurements + progress pictures

Never heard about the paper towel analogy before. Brilliant! According to your 10%, only 10lbs more and I should see a pretty good difference. Thanks for sharing!
  • mrsjowest5166
    mrsjowest5166 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @73CL350
    I’m 5”8.
    Yes I think it’s time I stopped hiding from the cameras and mirrors and took a proper look. Time to start taking some pics for reference.
    I don’t really have a goal weight.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I notice a difference in how I feel and how my clothes fit before I really see any other differences
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I never notice a change, I think we’re too hard on ourselves! Flip it though, if I’m up a few pounds I know right where they are!