Anyone got some good receipes for Oatmeal?

Options
Hey all...I have been having my oatmeal with blueberries in the morning for months now. It is getting old so I am looking for some new and interesting things to do with my oatmeal in the morning. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I used to put craisins in mine...

or add some maple syrup to it; the smuckers brand sugar-free kind isn't bad and only like 10 calories per serving.
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like to cook mine with a banana in it and then add some peanut butter at the end. SO yummy!
  • colex97
    colex97 Posts: 12
    Options
    I mix in greek yogurt (any flavor) and strawberries and sometimes a sprinkle of sliced almonds :) YUM!
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Why not make some oatmeal bars?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    PB! orrrr walnuts, flax meal, and dried cranberries. Orrrr Honey and pumpkin. Orrr coconut oil and mini chocolate chips.
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    http://backtothecuttingboard.com/dessert/no-bake-chewy-granola-bars/

I make these but change the recipes up a bit to make them more healthy. Everyone in my family loves them!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I use 80/20 water/skimmed milk to make mine. Add some Linwoods mixed nuts/seeds and then some maple falvoured golden sryup. It's only about 150 calories and yummy. Have it every morning.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add in a tablespoon of peanut butter or nutella. It's really good and gives you some protein! :)
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    oatmeal muffins with blueberrie and raspberries :o) and instead of sugar use honey....yum!
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    Vanilla & strawberries. It gives it a sort of strawberries and cream flavor. I love oatmeal.
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you for all the ideas :) I like the peanut butter idea, the chocolate chips, and the yogurt. :)
  • karuntc
    karuntc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 serving of oatmeal (1/2 cup dry with 1 1/4 cups of water) - microwave for 1 minute. Add cinnamon to taste, ground flax seed, 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, and 1/4 cup of plain almond milk. This is my pre-gym breakfast almost every morning.
  • bloser20
    bloser20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like making oatmeal pancakes. I mix a serving of dry oats and one egg (or 3 egg whites). If I use plain oats then I add in some cinnamon. I heat it on the stove, a few minutes on each side. Top with a little syrup and fruit.....yum!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup raw old fashioned oats
    1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    1 Tbsp slivered almonds
    1/4 cup low fat milk
    1/2 banana
    1/2 tsp brown sugar (optional)

It's my version of muesli. You eat it uncooked and cold. It's good, and according to my calculations, it comes out to 200-220 calories, but feel free to double check to be sure :)
  • kaylynn54
    kaylynn54 Posts: 141
    Options
    I tried a little peanut butter in my oatmeal this morning and it was pretty good. Thanks to all who suggested it:-)
  • emanismom
    emanismom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was watching TV the other day and caught this really good recipe for overflowing oatmeal:

1 serving of plain dry oatmeal (from packet or carton)
    DOUBLE the amount of water specified (or 1 part water & 1 part almond milk)
    1 pkt of splenda or stevia
    1/4 banana, peach, or apple

The show said to cook it on the stove for 5 mins, but I cooked it in the micro (in 1 min increments) and it was fine. The best part..you get twice the oatmeal (more water = more swell) for the same amount of calories as a little bowl.