Protien

Options
It it a problem to go over on protein? I have apparently already eaten what was alloted for the day which has never happened before. I still have dinner to go..lol!

Replies

• Sk1nnyMoo
    Options
    Guess that really depends on the types you're getting (protein powder shakes vs protein from meat vs vege protein). It shouldn't be an issue though. Just make sure you have enough fiber so you don't get stopped up!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MFPs default for protein is very low (15%) I have mine set to 35% and I don't go over that, it will increase more as I get into my fitness routine too as I aim for 1 gram per pound of goal body weight (lean body mass at least)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think the protein requirements on MFP change if you add a workout or exercise to your daily diary, but to answer your question... it's fine to go over on your protein. I feel the estimates on here are a little low anyway. WebMD recommends men get 56 grams per day and women get 46 and those are minimums.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Guess that really depends on the types you're getting (protein powder shakes vs protein from meat vs vege protein). It shouldn't be an issue though. Just make sure you have enough fiber so you don't get stopped up!
    Why would the "types" matter?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

The type of protein doesn't matter. Whole foods are obviously recommended more than going the shake route.

OP- It's fine to go over on protein intake as long as it fits within your daily caloric intake based on your goals. =)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

The type of protein doesn't matter. Whole foods are obviously recommended more than going the shake route.

OP- It's fine to go over on protein intake as long as it fits within your daily caloric intake based on your goals. =)

Prooooootein!

Nice pic, dog.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Prooooootein!

Nice pic, dog.

Thanks G money.