First Half Marathon tomorrow eeek!

Options
I'm running my first ever half marathon tomorrow and it's safe to say i'm more than nervous!! Any final tips from people that have done it before?
Been training for over 3 months now but just can't make myself calm down and have convinced myself I'll be last through that finish line lol

Replies

• fittnessing64
    fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it before but I'm wishing you luck! I'm sure you'll do great with all that training!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Even if you are the last person across the finish line, that would still mean you finished. No shame in getting your money’s worth out of the race :)
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm running my first ever half marathon tomorrow and it's safe to say i'm more than nervous!! Any final tips from people that have done it before?
    Been training for over 3 months now but just can't make myself calm down and have convinced myself I'll be last through that finish line lol

Hey me too!!!! What HM are you running in? Not the coco beach one by chance?! I’m nervous too but I know it’ll be so much fun! Just trying to keep in mind to pace myself especially in the beginning, everyone is going to start off fast I bet.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Be last and be proud!
  • jesselee10
    jesselee10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep true to your training. You will have others running past you but keep your pace. I had some issues with the water, i was use to bottles but the race water was given in cups. I had trouble drinking while running. Someone told me to squeeze the cup at top to make it easier to drink.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Have fun.

Last across the finish line is a finisher.
  • IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Good luck and have fun! :)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Just have fun, don't be afraid to use walk intervals if you need to.
    My first half I was the last person to finish (in 3:33), but I still finished, it was a pr and in a year I've taken an hour off that time.