Is this maintenance?

Options
I mean, I think it probably is? I do weigh daily and use trending apps to see the overall trend, but still tend to look too much at the daily / weekly up and down fluctuations of 100/200g here and there and wonder if that means it's "really up" or "really down". In other words, "have I stopped losing", "does today's low mean it's still going?", "does today's high mean we're going back up?"

"How straight does that line have to be to mean maintenance?"

This despite everything I *know* about funny fluctuations and the myriad reasons for them. I've been waiting for some kind of definitive sign that this is maintenance - I guess there isn't one?

Looking at this graph, the trend is a bit upwards since August (an injury which meant less exercise, despite eating the same, a week in Tanzania end of Sep - no food scales, different food, flights and allowing myself to not think about it). It makes sense and reflects what was happening at the time.

I think I see that difference now between an actual change in trend upwards, and the little bits up and down that I was focusing on before.

There's so much learning to be done. Now for the next great experiment to see how we go in this stage.

dy2ptiyd6z5f.png

Replies

• PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I can see similarities in my weight loss mapping and just wondered "do I just call "maintenance" now things aren't moving?" or should I keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens over a longer spell. Haven't seen much change now for weeks but I don't feel the need to change any diet even though I'm stable in weight. We'll just have to see what happens eh?
  • reneew62
    reneew62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wish mine was straight. I wish every time I got on the scale it was the same. I've been maintaining for 5 yrs sometimes I've struggled sometimes easier. I've gone on vacation and been up 10 lbs and come home and gotten back to within 5.. To me it's all maintaining just with a bigger swing sometimes