help

Options
i have been here for two weeks and i have been following the plan eating 1540 calories a day.. haven't exercised because i have been working alot.. but i have NOT lost anything..

what am i doing wrong?

Replies

• alisoncarl
    Options
    i have been here for two weeks and i have been following the plan eating 1540 calories a day.. haven't exercised because i have been working alot.. but i have NOT lost anything..

what am i doing wrong?
  • zahidbutt
    Options
    hi,,, i've been here for almost 3.5 weeks with 1540cal / day and i have lost 12 pounds....... How ?

1 Hour of daily workout (Brisk walk, with little jogging)..........

So the point is; u need to do some workout to BURN OUT ur body fats/weight. Only then u will reduce. And try to stay between 1250 to 1540 cal / day (i done this).

Best of Luck

139495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hi, it's actually that odd to not lose anything at first (took me 3 weeks to see and results). WHat is your weight loss goal (1 lb a week?) also how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I see you'd like to lose 53 lbs. I am going to assume you are about the weight I was when I started here (209lbs at 5'6"), just for comparison sake. I started out eating 1200 cals a day. once I got to an overweight BMI I went up to 1300 cals a day and onc I hit a healthy BMI I went up to 1400 cals a day. For many 1200 is too low, but if you are in the obese BMI category it is probably ok for you to go that low, or at least a bit lower than you are right now. 1540 is quite high I think. Playing a bit with your numbers may help you, but, like I said, it's not really all that abnormal to not see results right away.

Also can I ask why you aren't exercising? Unless it's health related I'd say you should really give it a whirl. Exercise has helped me so much, it earns you extra calories to munch on too... :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    not sure but find 10-20 minutes a day to exercise...drop and do push ups, sit ups....you can squueze it in and it really helps get the furnace burning and if the furnace is burning the cals are burning