hello

Options
Hi Im new to this, just started the gym and trying to eat more healthy foods, but not really sure what I should and should not be eating, Ive put my target at losing 2 pounds a week and seem to be staying under my calorie count. Although I am getting a bit sick of eating salads and rivita :laugh: could do with a bit of guidance around healthy eating.

Replies

• Sk1nnyMoo
    Options
    don't eat fast food.
    don't eat processed junk foods.
    don't dine out at all.
    don't drink more than one alcoholic beverage a day (red wine is best 5oz glass)

if it tastes good spit it out, it will make you fat! well, we know that isn't exactly true...but some days i feel like it is!
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello and welcome..I usally snack on raw veggies and fruits.. I eat FF popcorn and any low calories snack.. I eat alot of salad as well but i also do tuna.. turkey burgers .. grilled chicken ...tofu grilled with soy sauce is delish.. I do brown rice..Quinoa pasta its really high in protein.. whole wheat pasta.. grill my veggies for dinnner (add some low fat /sodium marinade for flavor)..I eat alot of Gardein products( google its a meat substitute).. I eat almost everything i love just in moderation and keep the portion size low.. i do eggwhite fritas ( with mushrooms , onions and spinach), oatmeal.. i eat bagel thins with ff cream cheese.. just try and find things that u like but have lower calories and fats etc.. Good luck...
  • TrishaSits
    TrishaSits Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Trying to get more serious abuout this whole getting into shape thing. I downloaded this app last month and when I use it it is fantastic. Easy to use and really keeps me on track. Now....if I can be more comitted I think I can do this! :D
  • crustyrob
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I understand what your on about skinnymoo, I feel like if it tastes nice I can't eat it :sad: Its hard not to dine out aswel, cause I love the 'eat all you can' curry houses that are littered all round me, but I suppose thats where will power comes into play. Hopefully if I just keep plodding along, Il get there eventually.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's not all bad, you could try lean meats (turkey, chicken breasts, fish), just have it with salad or veggies instead of chips. And vanilla ice cream is my personal life saver!!! :happy:
  • crustyrob
    Options
    Thanks for that little bit of light at the end of the tunnel nadib. I thought i was doomed to salads and fruit for the rest of my life :noway: Il have to have a look at the vanilla ice cream it could be my only saviour .