Weekends. Anyone else fall off the wagon?

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    I often do better on the weekends because I exercise a lot more.
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I struggle with weekends too, but find if I check restaurant menus online before I go to the restaurant and decide what to have ahead of time... I make better choices. It also gives me more time to enjoy my company without scrutinizing the menu :)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I find weekends tricky too. My husband is over a foot taller than me, and has an active job while I have a desk job, so his calorie target is almost double mine!
    So weekends when we spend more time together can be a juggle to eat together and meet both our needs.

I have slowly learned to just say no sometimes, or just have a small serving. Plus as others have mentioned, I try to save a few calories during the weekend to give me a bit of a buffer.

Or sometimes I indulge and just don't worry about it - not too often, and I try and save those for special occasions.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I go over calories Sundays usually because I take a break from my usual rigorous workouts and eat normally and likely also some kind of calorie splurge if I'm doing something social. I've learned that the key for me is to log anyway. Here and there I am trying to have normal days off logging, but they cannot be combined with non-exercise or those days I intend to eat over. One or the other seems to work well, logging for me will ALWAYS slow down excess.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Ugh then husband likes to order in and go out for brunch. We have curling Friday nights which means drinks and chips. I should be more vigilant but it's kinda nice to relax. I try to get the family out doing something active but usually one weekend daybis spent with my mom. We managed to get her out for a short walk yesterday so better than nothing right?

But ya I can be great all week them blow it
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Today was my first real "cheat" day.i had no intentions of it but wss out with my stepson and had a couple of bits of his KFC a small portion of his fries.no nibbles inbetween, light breakfast but dinner i treated him to a pizza, mine had 1,300 calories taking me to 2500 for the day for the first time in 6 weeks and im a bit annoyed , however i found my exact pizza on here and was glad it amounted to just those calories, ive only had a cup of coffee tonight so again no nibbles and i will be back at it Monday.all calories logged, not hidden.

Little blip

A light breakfast and a bit of KFC was 1200 cals?
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Today was my first real "cheat" day.i had no intentions of it but wss out with my stepson and had a couple of bits of his KFC a small portion of his fries.no nibbles inbetween, light breakfast but dinner i treated him to a pizza, mine had 1,300 calories taking me to 2500 for the day for the first time in 6 weeks and im a bit annoyed , however i found my exact pizza on here and was glad it amounted to just those calories, ive only had a cup of coffee tonight so again no nibbles and i will be back at it Monday.all calories logged, not hidden.

Little blip

A light breakfast and a bit of KFC was 1200 cals?

Yes ...2 pieces of dry toast , 1 small thigh kfc and a around 15 fries ...why ?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’ve been pretty good and haven’t been falling off the wagon too much but yesterday I did, I had white chocolate covered cranberries and a tart....

today I’m keeping my calories low, maybe, if not I’ll just hop on the elliptical and burn those extra calories.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    What do you all do to keep on track and not completely go off the rails?

Go for a hike, long bike ride, or ski. Don't have the time during the work week. It's fun and rewarding and burns lots of calories, plus it's keeps me from idle snacking.
  • potatolife
    potatolife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ''bank'' calories throughout the week so my Saturday madness still fits in with my goal on a weekly basis. I have a pretty active job so I struggle to burn as much on the weekend too. As long as I manage to actually log everything over the weekend this seems to be working.
    ppkggzahp4ml.png
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Drinking screws me up, I lose self-control. My weight loss rate is inverse to my alcohol consumption rate.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Drinking screws me up, I lose self-control. My weight loss rate is inverse to my alcohol consumption rate.

Stop drinking then.its easy