Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is anything really good for you anymore?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's the catch-22 where some people say farmed fish has less Omega-3 and eats the wrong food so it's bad for you, but others say an increase in consumption of wild-caught fish is leading to over-fishing and the decimation of some species.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has an app called “Seafood Watch” which is a great tool in guiding what type of fish to buy with regards to over-fishing and other environmental concerns. Highly recommend!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    greg_87 wrote: »
    Is anything good for you anymore?
    @estherdragonbat @pinuplove @quiksylver296 Tacklewasher
    A recent editorial in JAMA observed that much research on the health effects of foods is far less clear-cut than press releases and media reports present it, especially when claims are made about single foods. Take it with a grain of salt.

Except, isn't salt bad for you??????

The ill effects of a single grain are negligible and inevitable. :wink:

PPPPPbbbbbbtttttttt!!!!!!!!

Really? Bored today?

I like salt with my chocolate. Quite certain I'm destined for an early grave.

Have you ever had this?!? Oh, man!!!

6q3eazaoy8uq.jpg

So, chocolate covered pop-rocks?

Spicy, salty, chocolate-covered pop rocks!

I'm not sure I want my chocolate to pop :grimace:

But it's good if it's salty and spicy, IMO. Maybe sometimes we just gotta put up with a little popping. Or else eat those chocolate potato chip bars. :)

That's a sacrifice I might be willing to make!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that about tilapia before. I have heard it about shrimp though since they are along the oceans floor. But I eat what I eat. Once something is cooked in a high temp then how can it hurt you? Next time try cod or flounder. Actually cod is quite a bit thicker and tastes better IMO so you may like it better anyway.

And tell your wife to ignore those coworkers. Anyone that says bacon is better than fish obviously has no idea what they are talking about. I bet they eat at Mcdonalds on a regular basis as well.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's the catch-22 where some people say farmed fish has less Omega-3 and eats the wrong food so it's bad for you, but others say an increase in consumption of wild-caught fish is leading to over-fishing and the decimation of some species.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has an app called “Seafood Watch” which is a great tool in guiding what type of fish to buy with regards to over-fishing and other environmental concerns. Highly recommend!

wild caught fish is all I will eat. I tried the non-wild caught one time and it was so full of water it was soggy when I ate it and that was after draining it for what seemed like forever and trying to get more water out with a towel around it. disgusting