Is there a food database?

Options
Hi, it's my first day. I was hoping that I could type in a food, such as "cheese" and have different cheeses pop up so I could pick one. But nothing is coming up under any of the tabs. Do I really have to put in every single food and ingredient that I eat with the nutritional info? Please help. I want this to work!

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Add food>Search (under recent tab). This will pull up all the entries. You should be more specific than "cheese" though as you will pull up thousands of entries. Once you select something, it will remain on your "recent" list for future use.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Or just scan the barcode of the product you want to add but be sure to double check that the entry listed matches the packaged information
  • Rnowakowski553
    Rnowakowski553 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But that's the problem. I go to the add food button under lunch, type in the search field, and it says there are no matches in my history. I don't know how to get it to search the large database.
  • Rnowakowski553
    Rnowakowski553 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Never mind, I figured it out, thanks
  • ginalu59
    ginalu59 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go to Food then diary, enter cheese and you will see a lot of entries. try to be specific so that you can see the one you need.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think I know what the problem is... I recently restarted and was having problems with the database too. When you click to add a food to your diary, it will take you to the search menu. type in your food AND CLICK THE SEARCH BUTTON. I was just clicking "enter" on my compy and it just kept coming up blank until I actually hit the "search" button. I don't know why it's doing that, but give it a try!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Never mind, I figured it out, thanks

Glad you got it. Welcome to MFP. 😀