Motivation and accountability!

Options
I have been trying so hard to get into MFP and have just gotten so lazy and end up cheating. I need help! If anyone feels the same and want to help each other stay motivated and accountable, friend me! I want to do it right this time!!

Replies

• michellemcteegarden
    Options
    I need help too. I need to drop weight for health reasons but it's so hard to get motivated to exercise! I went for a 30 minute walk today and I was huffing and puffing the whole time, which discourages me to do it again tomorrow. Having an accountability friend might help! :)
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How are diet, exercise, and sleep?
    Which are you cheating on
  • michellemcteegarden
    Options
    All! :D But I just started my new commitment to weight loss today and so far so good. Before today though I've been all over the map!
  • celbarb
    celbarb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need help too. I need to drop weight for health reasons but it's so hard to get motivated to exercise! I went for a 30 minute walk today and I was huffing and puffing the whole time, which discourages me to do it again tomorrow. Having an accountability friend might help! :)

• celbarb
    celbarb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can relate to these feelings! But I’m a lot behind the times and using technology. How do I “friend” this group? I would like help with my lack of accountability and in turn can maybe help someone too. Gotta keep trying, the alternative isn’t better.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Start small. Change one thing-drink fewer sugary or alcoholic drinks, cut out evening snacking, take a 15 minute walk, whatever. Make it manageable and doable. Too much too fast will lead to burnout and bingeing. You have the rest of your life. Make a plan you can live with, not a diet to go on and then quit.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    WHAT MOTIVATES YOU? :)
    please reflect and post your tips

<3 Music
    <3 Photo
    <3 Meditating while looking in mirror
    <3 Cleaning my house/changing environment/healthy mindset
    <3 Reading (about health)
  • Lddyoung
    Lddyoung Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this group. I do well for a while then slowly go back to my old ways. I need some help to with motivation and accountability. How do I Friend the group
  • Lddyoung
    Lddyoung Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What motivates me? Looking good in new clothes as I lose weight, music and changing my environment