Nausea, feeling ill - down 40 lbs in 79 days.

Options
2»

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Don't use your experience of 'before' as a guide. You said earlier you didn't log alcohol and that you were eating 2,000cal a day, this means you were probably eating more like 2500 a day (although that is a stab in the dark guess as I don't know what or how much you were drinking - it could have been more!). Alcohol can be really high in calories - depending on what it was. Trust the process!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    First of all great job on ALL your accomplishments. I also gave up drinking for my health and still crave sugar. Good call to make a note of when it happens and specifically what you’ve eaten that day. Might be a simple thing like tweaking macros. Or could be that you just don’t react well to a specific food. You’re on the right path!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    countcurt wrote: »
    Actually, at your weight, the rate of loss is not overly excessive. I’d hazard a guess that there was a lot of loss in the first couple of weeks related to water weight. But your loss appears to be about 1% of body weight per week, on average.

Your arithmetic is off by nearly 25%. OP has averaged close to 4 lbs per week loss and is now just over 300 lbs.

And lack of energy is far more likely to be about calories (aka energy than about types of food or meal timing. Horses, not zebras.
    countcurt wrote: »
    Ok. So it’s 1.25% as opposed to 1%. My point stands.It’s not an outrageously high rate of loss.

Nevertheless, while it’s possible the total caloric intake is sufficiently low that OP is having thsse symptoms, at 2000 calories per day it’s not that low. Which means other potential causes should be considered.

There is a lot to be said for the [theoretical] benefits of slower weight loss over rapid weight loss. But even at a rate of 1% per week (on average). OP is looking at a fairly extended period of time to reach a weight in the normal BMI range. So while I don’t advocate weight loss at a rate of more than 1-2 pounds per week, I do believe that when it represents such a small percentage of body weight it’s much less likely to be a problem if it’s still in the range of OP’s.

YMMV.
    Okay, some math:

OP's weight loss = 350 - 310 = 40 lb

OP's weight loss rate = 40 lb/79 days = 0.51 lb/day, and 0.51 lb (7 day/week) = 3.54 lb/week

If we make it easier on ourselves by assuming that OP lost weight at a constant rate, we can calculate an average weight for the 79-day weight loss period: (350 lb - 310 lb)/2 = average weight of 330 lb

One percent of 330 lb = 3.3 lb

Difference with OP's actual weight loss rate is: 3.54 lb/week - 3.30 lb/week = 0.24 lb/week

In theory, OP needs to reduce his calorie deficit by: 0.24 lb/week (3500 cal/lb) = 840 cal/week = 120 cal per day

(In practice, of course, OP needs to reduce his calorie deficit by whatever amount will keep him from feeling dizzy and nauseous around dinnertime.)

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories and feel much better. I can def. Tell if Im too low for the day. Added some mid day snacks and I feel much better. Thanks

Very happy to hear this!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories and feel much better. I can def. Tell if Im too low for the day. Added some mid day snacks and I feel much better. Thanks

Yay! Awesome. So glad you got it figured out. :flowerforyou:
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dunno how much weight you need to lose but .5 lb per day is waaaaay fast. 2 lbs per week is max what most should shoot. Im gonna venture a guess to say youre not consuming enough calories and your body isnt functioning at an optimum level. Could effect insulin levels, muscle strength, soft tissue circulation, you name it. Try upping your cals by 300-500 and consume some extra carbs and see how you feel.