Sweet tooth help!

Options
I have a major sweet tooth. I feel the need to eat dessert every night, and even though I've cut almost every bad food out of my diet I can't leave those stupid desserts alone, and it's my downfall. Its keeping me from losing weight, and driving me crazy. Has anyone else overcome this problem? How did you do it? And are there any recipes out there for cheating on sweets without the guilt?

Replies

• mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes some good ice cream treats that are low in cal.
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies WOOOP WOOP
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like pretzel M&M's - enough chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth and only 150 calories in the pack.
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like Yasso Greek Yogurt bars. They are all natural and only 70 calories each.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A little bit of dark chocolate is not too bad...with a cold glass of fat free milk, if you drink milk.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just had a store brand mini milk vanilla lolly and it satisfied my craving for only 48 calories!
  • mindysreadyforchange
    mindysreadyforchange Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have the SAME problem. Love Love Love sweets. I like to buy the no sugar added Fudgesicles or no sugar added Jell-O cups or Jell-O pudding cups! Some times I make my own, but like the convience of having the cup and it limits me on what I eat.

Maybe try yogurt at night like a light kind. Oh and protein bars are good!

I hope I helped!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like the Quaker Smashbars, the graham one tastes like smores, and only 90 calories
  • ValerieHicks
    Options
    Nestle Fudge bars are only 110 calories and 2g fat!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt. or not-frozen yogurt.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like to eat sweets too. I definitely don't want to deprieve myself. I bought a bag of popsicles that I keep on standby at 40 calories each you can't go wrong. I also really like the fiber one brownies which just came out.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the numbers go for it.
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I keep little mini frozen snickers in the freezer and when I just have to have one that is all I take out. it is like 45 calories for just one but I make sure I have room for it in my daily count. I read on here by someone that they were told once that the 14 chocolate kiss taste just like the first chocolate kiss. Since than I realized the flavor is not going to change and one will satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Fiber One brownies. SO GOOD and only 90 calories!
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've started chewing gum a lot more. Most days the sweet flavor of the gum is enough to kill a craving, not all days unfortunately. So on those days, I have just a few bites of something sweet instead of a huge plate or bowl of it.
  • liyabug
    liyabug Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm the exact same way. I can go all day long and be in complete control, but at night I really want chocolate. I eat either a skinny cow truffle bar (110 calories) or a cup of chocolate pudding (120 calories). Since I'm always below my calories for the day, I've allowed myself this indulgence.

I don't know... maybe this is keeping me from losing weight as well. But I'm only eating 1200 calories or less every day and working out like crazy, so I'm very frustrated. Only 8 lbs lost so far. I thought it would come off a lot faster. I am recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started on synthroid 3 weeks ago.

Any advice out there????
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    the skinny cow ,they have chocolate bars,ice cream from 100 to 140 calories ..
    the jello sugar free chocolate pudding 60 calories
    cocoa almonds 100 calories the bag
    fiber one brownie 90 calories
    specila k pretzel chocolate 90 calories
  • tishag
    tishag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have those times occassionally, most of the time i can satisfy the craving with fruit, jello, or pudding---something that will give you the taste without a ton of calories. I have also found that Nature Valley Granola Thins are good for chocolate cravings, Weight Watchers has frozen ice cream desserts when I tried my first one I thought "oh my gosh this is so tiny there is no way this will satisfy my craving" but it really did, plen your mind starts to realize "I dont need a huge portion to satisfy a craving" And I don't know about you but if I have a horrible craving for something really bad the longer I try to avoid my craving I either eat other things trying to fill it and then the calories of those items add up (because nothing is "the right thing") and then I still end up giving in and eating what I wanted in the first place. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a sweet everyday as long as you are smart about it!:smile:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    a common desert 100 years ago was chilled peaches. :)

apples are such a nice, sweet treat. peaches, too. if you can trade out like 3 days of your sweets for an apple, peach, blueberries, pineapple or good oranges, you will be saving yourself a lot of calories without sacrificing too much.
  • stephanielynn1108
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies WOOOP WOOP

YUM! I eat one every night just about :-) I have to have my sweets!