Best Supplements on Amazon

Options
Mrs_Maga
Mrs_Maga Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone!

I'm back from a 2yr hiatus and a 25lb weight gain. Slowly trying to get back in the gym and eat a healthier diet. After much researching on Amazon, I decided to try a couple of supplements. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of them?
What is the best supplement you've tried off Amazon?
The supplements are:
  • NatureWise CLA 1250
  • Dr. Tobias Colon: 14 Day Cleanse
Thanks in advance!

Erika

Replies

• Mrs_Maga
    Mrs_Maga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! The links are great! Loaded with info, I'll make sure to check them out. I also already have a food scale.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Let me ask, what are you trying to achieve with supplements? What are your fitness goals? What is your training program? Supplements are to help push out that little extra bit of benefit. But before you will really notice, other things must be in place.

Below is a good starting point for you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637410/beneficial-supplements-which-ones-are-right-for-you/p1
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    You don't need a 'cleanse' or any supplements. They do nothing aside from maybe making you poop a lot and/or pee off some water weight.

Instead, use your money to buy yourself a food scale, enter your info into MFP, and follow it's daily calorie recommendation.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you don't need supplements entirely. While what you said is true for most people most of the time, its not a hard rule.

I swear by Animal Flex joint health supps especially now that I got back to playing with heavy *kitten* weights almost daily. There is a noticeable difference in joint pain without the glucosamine.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Don't waist any money or time on and cleanses or detox products. Your body is extremely good about removing any toxins that you may come in contact with your liver, kidneys, lungs, skin and intestines. Any weight loss you would experience doing a detox will be water weight and will be regained, which may in fact put you right back to where you started in the first place.

There have been no significant evidence through studies that CLA actually aids with fat loss in humans. Some studies show positive results and others not so much. If it were to aid fat loss in humans, the same results from what they found in studies with mice would have been replicated in the studies that were done on humans, which no study has, so to me it would be a waist of your money.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4429457/

Get your diet in line first, people used to say that 80% of weight loss is diet alone, while that percentage is speculative, it is true that diet is far more important for fat loss than exercise, you can't work off a bad diet. Get yourself into a calorie deficit that you are comfortable with and organize a meal plan that you will stick to long term, that way in another 2 years you won't be posting about how you gained 25 lbs, but how you kept it off and currently keeping it off.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I used to get all my supplements from iherb.com, but more and more I am getting them from Amazon. The prices are competitive, and I do the No Rush Shipping for the digital credits.

Here's a non-constipating form of iron that I get on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-Iron-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B00013Z0QA/

(I am anemic and don't recommend supplementing with iron without a blood test as too much iron causes problems too.)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Lol I could think of wayyyy better supplements. Those are trash/ don’t do anything beneficial