Wish Me Luck

Options
Howdy y’all. Tomorrow is my 1st day back in the gym in forever! Before when I worked out I didn’t have any results and unfortunately I am one of those people that gives up without fast results! I will be meal prepping starting tomorrow & im cutting out soda cold turkey and sweets as well. If anybody has any workout advise for weight loss please let me know! I am going to start weight training first because rumor is if you build muscle you burn calories easier leading to weight loss. I am currently 210# & my goal is 150# so let’s pray I can do this!!

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I think you need good information and building sustainable habits more than luck. Muscle does burn more than fat, but not enough to make a significant difference in the number of calories you can eat. That being said, exercise can have a much more valuable contribution, mainly that you could look and feel better, plus can eat a few more calories each day. It's also difficult to build muscle while eating in a calorie deficit, but you can get stronger and exercise can help you keep what you have. Another advantage to exercise (that I've found to be true for me) is that regular exercise increases my desire to eat a more balanced diet. So for me, focusing on exercise can help me focus on diet. All of these are good reasons to exercise (in my opinion and experience).

As for habits:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1

And for nutrition:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

And for logging accurately:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! But... you won’t need luck, you will need consistency, dedication, action and patience. I went from 209 lbs to 166 lbs and it took me 300 days so it’s important not to give up early, prepare yourself for the long haul. The way I think about it, eating less is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness/metabolism. This has worked for me to keep the weight off for 5 years now. Off course not every day of those 300 was perfect, but it’s about making the right choices most days and following through even when you are tempted to give up.
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Don't get discouraged and just keep at it...it may take some time, but that time is gonna pass anyway.
    We also have similar starting and goal weights (I started at 205 and my goal is 155)! Lol, you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • campurban
    campurban Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this, cutting the soda will be a major plus, and of course it is not healthy ..just empty calories even the zero cals soda are crap. A good diet will be 80% of the battle. Just remember YOU can do it!
  • gizmo1166
    gizmo1166 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm starting to record again to get a real feel for progress. I have been exercising for 4 months now and have around 100 lbs to lose, so happy to share my journey with you if you want to add as a friend. In for the long haul. :)