The tools don’t work

Options
If you don’t use them! I just realized I’ve had this app for the longest time. Just got my food scale out from the cupboard and washed it. Grabbed a few healthy cookbooks down from the top of the fridge. From being on every diet on the planet I have tools galore. But they don’t work unless I use them!

I’m 12 weeks post partum and need to lose at least 80lbs. Starting today!

Replies

• daisymp678
    daisymp678 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am going to continue this with my own notes & thoughts. Feel free to chime in.

On day 3 of tracking and so far so good. Very eye opening paying attention to calories and portions.

Glad I chose to give this a try for free instead of paying for WW for the 10th time. I like it here!

Feeling good so far and already ‘lighter’ by not eating massive amounts of calories. Onward.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80 pounds using this site, the FOOD diary, and the forums.

Welcome - it works, and it's free. :flowerforyou:
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean about the tools not working unless you use them. You might think about checking out a good solid nutrition plan - not a diet but a plan - like DASH, as one example. It will help you (as it does me) think about not only calorie intake but assuring that lots of veggies, fiber, fruit, modest whole grains, reduced sugar/fat/sodium get into the body. There are other good programs that aren't necessarily weight loss diets but accomplish that goal while being sure that the right nutrients get into our systems for heart health.

NOTE: I didn't worry about "heart health" most of my life but have finally figured out that everything from my nervous system to my bones, joints and muscles function better with a deliberate food outline!
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For what it's worth, I lost 50 lbs using just this app. I ate what I wanted, but just made sure it fit into my allotted calories for the day. I'm now in maintenance mode and have been staying at my goal weight for about 5 months. It is a great way to keep yourself accountable if you log every day! Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • daisymp678
    daisymp678 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have never followed through on any plan, and it’s only day 3 but hoping to finally conquer the weight!