Foods that will lose you weight

Options
kathydavis6
kathydavis6 Posts: 46 Member
Hi just started again on my fitness pal i want to lose 3 stone not sure on the best foods to do that.

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    There are no foods that will help you lose weight only a calorie deficit will do that
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    whatever food you like, just in portion sizes that put you in a calorie deficit.

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, peas, eggs, steak, potatoes, chocolate, vodka, hamburgers, donuts and kale. Confused? Head on here for a quick read on CICO (calories in, calories out). Yep, it really is that simple.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, whole grains, legumes, lean meats & fish for protein, and plenty of water. Just know that diet is only half of the equation (the other being exercise). You need more calories going out than going into the body in order to lose weight.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, whole grains, legumes, lean meats & fish for protein, and plenty of water. Just know that diet is only half of the equation (the other being exercise). You need more calories going out than going into the body in order to lose weight.

Actually exercise doesn't play a role in weight lose. It's good and important but you can lose weight without exercising if you make sure to hit your calorie goals every day.
  • BoterhamMetPindakaas
    Options
    Diet is actually more like 90%. You can't outrun your fork.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Diet is actually more like 90%. You can't outrun your fork.

But you can use your fork more the more you run
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hi just started again on my fitness pal i want to lose 3 stone not sure on the best foods to do that.

Weight loss is from having a calorie deficit. You can create a calorie deficit by reducing calorie intake, increasing activity (calorie burn) or both.
    You should start with just logging what you normally eat and sticking to your calorie goal. You want to eat in a way you can sustain. You can alter your diet in small steps like getting more protein or having more vegetables on your plate but you don't need to eat a special list of foods.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

• reposadojo
    reposadojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Actually exercise doesn't play a role in weight lose. It's good and important but you can lose weight without exercising if you make sure to hit your calorie goals every day.

I agree.. I don't exercise and I have lost loads of weight through a proper calorie diet.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    reposadojo wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

I agree.. I don't exercise and I have lost loads of weight through a proper calorie diet.

But just think about how much more you could eat if you did exercise. How many more calories get burned a day that may allow you to take more in.....not to mention the wonders of better fitness with that slimmer body :)