Working out at home - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• megasdgfg
    megasdgfg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a gym room at my house like there’s no one to judge you, I invite my friends over and lift heavy and loud and you can blast your music
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym.. right next to my office so I have to walk right by it all day...no excuses lol. Also have a Planet Fitness opening a block away so it's a sign from God (Thou shalt blast thy quads!!)
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. It means i can go straight from lifting weights, too my fridge where all the goodness lives. Plus i dont need to leave the house on a cold day. I could go on...
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We have a Total Gym [gathering dust]. I just ordered a pilates dvd to do with it. That should shake off the dust!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lift at the gym, but my cardio is done from my home...not necessarily in it, but from it. I mostly cycle and prefer to be out on my road bike or hitting the trails with my CX bike, but this time of year I start spending a lot more time on my indoor trainer. I'll pretty much be on my trainer from now until March except for nice weekends if it's at least 40*
  • cinderellas2315
    cinderellas2315 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    theWODdoll wrote: »
    Finding motivation to workout at home is rough. I live 30 mins from any gym and the weather isn’t the greatest here to workout outside. Add me if you also workout from home 😁 looking for others in the same boat so we can motivate each other and share home workout ideas
    I love working out at home. I have a Marcy mwm 990 and a recumbent bike I average about three times a week. I do need motivation to do more. So far it’s two days of cardio and one day doing the circuit. There are a lot of gyms around. When I lived in Chicago I used to go to Women’s Workout World it was great but I find in Indiana they are all coed. I don’t like coed gyms.😜
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, and I like it that way. My home gym has a barbell, plates, bench, a squat rack and treadmill.
  • nalahicks868
    nalahicks868 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I workout at home also
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I didn’t realize all of the replies until I started browsing thru the community posts!
    Thanks for all the input guys!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I wanted to eliminate as many excuses as possible so I set up a decent home gym with the bare essentials. Cardio machine (elliptical), simple bench, and some free weights. I do have a membership at a gym but sometimes in the winter it is so much easier to just stay home.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I quit the gym in 2016 and set myself up at home. I would never go back. It's perfect. No excuses, it's right there. Get in, get out.
    I follow programs. I am on P90X-Lean right now.

Add me if you like :)
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I gave up on going to the gym years ago. It’s too easy to talk myself out of making the drive. It’s hard to talk myself out of a workout when all I need to do is go to the living room.

I did Daily Burn for awhile and really enjoyed it. I decided I didn’t want to pay $15 a month for it any more though so now I find YouTube workouts to do at home - PopSugarFitness are probably my favorite. I do a lot of their videos. I also like Yoga with Adrienne. Oh and I use the Ace Fitness Library to help develop my own strength training routines since I haven’t found any YouTube videos I really like for that.
  • iampirateking
    iampirateking Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of both but I get more equipment / exercise options at the gym. Working out at home is great if you don't feel like going out and more convenient.
  • 10UserA4561
    10UserA4561 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm an early bird and none of the gyms in my area are open early enough- up at 5 and ready to work out usually by 5:30/6am. Also there aren't any gyms within 20 minutes of the house. We also have radiant in the floor and let me tell you stretching with the radiant is heaven! o:)
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I guess I meant to say that I miss going to a CrossFit gym, and I’m a new mom, in a new area. So I’m adjusting to a lot of changes. I don’t have an issue going to any gym even a regular one, I would prefer the gym, but with my current situation it’s not doable (waaaay too much to explain). I’ve finally figured it out with working out at home. I also think it’s awesome that a lot of you have a home gym set up, and appreciate all of your posts! :)
    Thanks!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I workout at home and I love it. I hummed and hawed over buying weights to build my home gym because of the expense, but I bit the bullet and bought some stuff off someone on facebook marketplace and I'm so glad I did. It's so great just being able to go down to my basement to work out. I also run, which is either outside my front door, or on weekends I'll drive somewhere more interesting.

Different strokes for different folks. I know some people need more of a group setting to stay motivated. My coworker does primarily boot camp style work outs because she likes having someone tell her what to do and hold her accountable.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of an antisocial freak, so not going to the gym is preferred. With even some dumbbells, even lower weight ones, there's plenty you can do with a little creativity and the internet.

Tons of videos out there, too, for bodyweight strength training and HIIT and stuff like that. Personally, I dig Fitness Blender. When I think I'm going to lame out and not get a work out done, I just search FB until I find something. Anything is better than nothing, at least in my personal opinion and limited experiences.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I do the in home workouts. I do agree that it's hard to motivate yourself. I find journaling helps, I do follow a couple of fitness YouTubers, and also look for inspiration on Pinterest. I feel that my friends on here help me when I struggle.
  • evemariepaiement
    evemariepaiement Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I gave up on going to the gym years ago. It’s too easy to talk myself out of making the drive. It’s hard to talk myself out of a workout when all I need to do is go to the living room.

I did Daily Burn for awhile and really enjoyed it. I decided I didn’t want to pay $15 a month for it any more though so now I find YouTube workouts to do at home - PopSugarFitness are probably my favorite. I do a lot of their videos. I also like Yoga with Adrienne. Oh and I use the Ace Fitness Library to help develop my own strength training routines since I haven’t found any YouTube videos I really like for that.

i soooooo love Adriene !!! I just finished 30 days of yoga with Adriene and starting yoga camp with Adriene (another 30 days). I love her and her routine ! I never had biceps like this in my whole life.

I love popsugarfitness dance videos, I wish they had zumba or belly dancing.