Gym irritation!!!

Options
has anyone else come across those certain ppl at the gym that just piss you off?
I'm talking about the ones that don't take care of themselves but have advice for
everyone else!
I actually went off on a "meat head" today! Don't get me wrong I go in the gym and
I move weight around! But this jerk felt the need to start telling a friend of mine not
to drink protein drinks and then proceeded to dig in on my caloric intake! Well me
Already being irritated that I am now doing double cardio laid into him! Asks him "who
The hell are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat? I have a nutritional coach
and am apparently doing something correct otherwise I wouldn't have muscle energy
Or anything else!" needless to say he didn't understand or know how to react or deal
With a woman such as myself and he stoodthere dumbfounded I politely went back to
my friend our conversation and my workout!

Just curious if anyone else has had these experiences?
JessicaRae

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I opt to workout at home. However, good for you! I dislike people who step into my business uninvited. Way to stand up for yourself and your friend.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    has anyone else come across those certain ppl at the gym that just piss you off?
    I'm talking about the ones that don't take care of themselves but have advice for
    everyone else!
    I actually went off on a "meat head" today! Don't get me wrong I go in the gym and
    I move weight around! But this jerk felt the need to start telling a friend of mine not
    to drink protein drinks and then proceeded to dig in on my caloric intake! Well me
    Already being irritated that I am now doing double cardio laid into him! Asks him "who
    The hell are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat? I have a nutritional coach
    and am apparently doing something correct otherwise I wouldn't have muscle energy
    Or anything else!" needless to say he didn't understand or know how to react or deal
    With a woman such as myself and he stoodthere dumbfounded I politely went back to
    my friend our conversation and my workout!

Just curious if anyone else has had these experiences?
    JessicaRae

Forget about him and if he doesn't shut up, clock him in the face.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There's an old dude at my gym with terrible form who insists on telling everyone what they are doing wrong. Then there are some guys who tell me that girls with muscle are disgusting and I should stop lifting and join the women's class (I think they were jealous I lift more than them). The people on their cell phones piss me off, the people taking up several machines but not actually using them. OH the fat guy with the gallon jug of orange juice that he downs while barely lifting, yeah buddy that's the way to lose weight.
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :: snap snap :: you go girl!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I put on my b%*^# face when I go to the gym.
    Nobody talks to me, I'd like to keep it that way.

That would bother me.. freaking busy bodys
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    He was probably just hitting on youse.
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually had a gentleman just the other day tell me that if I just stuck to cardio and stopped lifting weights that I could "have such an attractive and feminine shape." Thanks, A**hole, but I prefer being athletic and cut, and not to mention healthy and strong!! Unsolicited advice is 100% obnoxious.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I hate the guys that stare while I'm lifting. If I wanted you to stare at me I'd be wearing Christmas lights, I'm trying to work out, mind ya own business.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    people on their cell phones that decide to climb on the treadmill or bike RIGHT next to me and proceed to have a LOUD, long conversation. Oh, and the guy that called me his girlfriend one day. "Hey buddy, I SO wasn't looking at or paying attention to you....I was zoned out, as usual, so please refrain from trying to hit on me in the gym, thanks."
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You did EXACTLY what I have done in the past. Everyone thinks they are an expert and it is funny to see the look on those that get shut down quickly.

"I'm not a fitness expert and nutritionist, but I play one in the gym."
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily at the gym, but yeah, there's always somebody willing to give you an opinion on what you should be doing... Come to think of it, it's a lot like these boards! lol
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yes! We have a gym in our office building basement. It's had the same configuration for-ev-er. Someone new joins the gym and starts bringing 3-4 coworkers down with her to conduct mini-exercise classes during lunch, which is the busiest time. She asks me to join but I'm doing my own routine, tyvm. Since they're taking up most of the open floor space, I drag my dumbbells over to a corner and do my thing.

A couple of weeks of this and I walk in one day to find both the flat and incline weight benches in my corner, together with the barbell and weight plates. The pull up/ab crunch thing has been squeezed into a tiny space over by the dumbbell rack. There is literally a 3" wide area around the bench because it's right up next to the Nautilus machine.

That was it - I called building management and told them what was going on - of course they had no clue she'd done this. They had a little talking-to and everything was put back to normal! I haven't seen her downstairs since...and I'm fine with that.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I workout at home for now
    and the only 'gym' I've worked out at
    was Curves.

I can't stand unsolicited advice or people that feel the need to
    tell you what you should do & how to do it (unless it's a coach of course).
    Good for you, standing up for yourself & your friend. =)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    OK..if you are in the locker room getting out of the shower or changing or what the heck ever, there is NEVER EVER EVER a need to walk around naked without a towel around your fracking waist guys.
    I have a ton of old-school guys who do that in my gym..then they sit on the benches and have a conversation with folks around them...Thanks for making my eyes bleed.

Seriously, towel up and have some decency.

That is about it for me..no one really talks to me at my gym even after 2 years going there. I have headphones on and am busy so they know it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    During the years I was a member of a gym, the only thing that ever ever bothered me was women parading around the locker room naked. Not even trying to cover up. Just strolling through, buck naked. Gross. Apparently, guys do this, too.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    During the years I was a member of a gym, the only thing that ever ever bothered me was women parading around the locker room naked. Not even trying to cover up. Just strolling through, buck naked. Gross. Apparently, guys do this, too.

I never understood this. It always came from the same women who gave you nasty looks if you looked "slutty" outside of the gym, too.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm the only female I've ever seen at my gym, aside from the nights I take a specific class that's taught by a female boxer. I get attitude from guys there all the time about how I don't lift as much as them and all this. Finally, one day I was at the gym, completely exhausted and battling a bad lupus flare-up (I really should have been in bed)...I was using a machine and had only a little weight on it, as I was very weak this day and a guy came right up to me, laughed, and said "Might as well be lifting feathers". I looked him dead in the eye, and told him to go f.uck himself. He never bothered me again!
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    OK..if you are in the locker room getting out of the shower or changing or what the heck ever, there is NEVER EVER EVER a need to walk around naked without a towel around your fracking waist guys.
    I have a ton of old-school guys who do that in my gym..then they sit on the benches and have a conversation with folks around them...Thanks for making my eyes bleed.

Seriously, towel up and have some decency.

That is about it for me..no one really talks to me at my gym even after 2 years going there. I have headphones on and am busy so they know it.

i must agree i hate that mess..
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    see, i get in there and i get the f**koff attitude going. I've got my earbuds in and i am working out. i'm not paying attention to you any more than "are you off the equipment i want". i haven't had a problem.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I hate the guys that stare while I'm lifting. If I wanted you to stare at me I'd be wearing Christmas lights, I'm trying to work out, mind ya own business.

I hate this too. Im all sweaty and gross. Its the last place I want to be stared at. Only once has someone talked to me. It was an old guy sitting on the bench next to me while I was all half up in the air. Hes chit chatting about the weather. I finally told him I needed a few minutes to finish my reps. And he patiently waited. haha