Hints and tips? little mission on...

Options
ARGriffy
ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
So in a month I have a pole show I'm performing in. Now, I am not looking to lose weight per say but I guess 1 or 2 lbs wouldn't hurt, basically I want my current muscle mass to look as popping as possible! I'm doing strength conditioning daily and my abs are semi visible at the moment but I would love to have them nice and defined as I'll have some professional pics taken at the show! So other than lower carbs to cut any bloat, does anyone have any tips?! xx

edit to say I'm not new to weight loss, or working out, I don't need beginner stuff. maybe body building comp tips?!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    super low carb until 24 hours before, then high carb to replenish glycogen in the muscles (the muscle fibers will fill with water/glycogen and look bigger)

not sure if that will cause you bloating, that might not be something you want
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Fake tan? or make up to define those abs more cos they're looking gooood imo :smiley:
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Better get planking!
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    super low carb until 24 hours before, then high carb to replenish glycogen in the muscles (the muscle fibers will fill with water/glycogen and look bigger)

not sure if that will cause you bloating, that might not be something you want

bloat is NOT what I want haha as I will essentially be in underwear!! x
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    Fake tan? or make up to define those abs more cos they're looking gooood imo :smiley:

that's a good idea actually!!! xx
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    PHOTOCHAP wrote: »
    Better get planking!

I do planches 😉
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

I had an MFP friend who was into pole and that's what she did :smiley:
  • andyroo512
    andyroo512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd do mostly compound lifts with heavy weights rather than strict ab work or excessive cardio. Deadlifts, rows, bench press and squats have worked well for me along with a caloric deficit.
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

I had an MFP friend who was into pole and that's what she did :smiley:

I don't know why I didn't think of this! A little cheeky contour haha