Best beers for losing weight

Options
I would like to know which are best to have to lose weight. While most beers cause beer bellies there are some beers that are good for losing weight. Please let me know which ones thos are.
Raj

Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Dude I wish this was a thing. Just fit your favourite into your calories. I tried the Michelob Ultra once and it tasted like sadness and ennui.

Funniest thing I read today. Will try if I am ever depressed.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Beer doesn't cause beer bellies, consuming too many calories does. Just ensure the beer you're choosing fits into your calories, you'll avoid the weight gain.

No beer is going to cause weight loss. Only a calorie deficit can do that.

A beer that causes weight loss?....I would love to see that ad campaign.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Beer doesn't cause beer bellies, consuming too many calories does. Just ensure the beer you're choosing fits into your calories, you'll avoid the weight gain.

No beer is going to cause weight loss. Only a calorie deficit can do that.

A beer that causes weight loss?....I would love to see that ad campaign.

Just for laughs...https://youtu.be/Zx5FoDSc-0U
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So, this page lists a bunch of beers and their calories.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Calories-Popular-Beers-1504697

My best bets are Guinness (lower alcohol so lower calories) and in Canada, Sleemans has a low carb beer that is 83 cals a can and tastes decent, but is a lighter beer than Guinness so is more for summer than fall/winter.

I run so I can drink beer (or wine, or scotch, or gin, or Bailey's or whatever).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I would like to know which are best to have to lose weight. While most beers cause beer bellies there are some beers that are good for losing weight. Please let me know which ones thos are.
    Raj

Beer doesn't cause a "beer belly"...people get beer bellies because they are consuming too many calories and beer can contribute greatly to that.

No beer in and of itself aids in weight loss...the best option calorie wise would be no beer, but that's not really realistic in my case...I like beer. I'm not a big fan of light beer like Miller Lite, but something like that is probably the best option calorie wise. I typically drink Pacifico which is 150 calories per 12 oz. Unfortunately, I enjoy heavier beers in the winter and that's something that always gets me.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you drink a six pack of any IPA on an empty stomach, there’s a chance you’ll be out of it enough to skip eating food. Then you can lose weight. 😎

In all seriousness, any decent ale or lager should be ok IF you savor it, sip it and have just one. In my case, it’s an effective strategy for slowing mindless eating.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    So, this page lists a bunch of beers and their calories.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Calories-Popular-Beers-1504697

My best bets are Guinness (lower alcohol so lower calories) and in Canada, Sleemans has a low carb beer that is 83 cals a can and tastes decent, but is a lighter beer than Guinness so is more for summer than fall/winter.

I run so I can drink beer (or wine, or scotch, or gin, or Bailey's or whatever).

Guinness is a great choice - has that slight bitterness so you don't chug it, hearty mouth feel, killer calories.
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When i lost the most weight I would look at my weekly calorie count and make sure that I was low enough mon-thu to make up for 4-5 beers on a friday night and hangover dinner on sat.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I won't drink light or low carb beers because they don't have any flavor. I don't drink much, so I'd rather spend the calories and money on something I actually enjoy. One thing I've noticed is that some of the bottled beers are now in smaller bottles so 140 vs. 175 calories.
  • healthyishappy3
    healthyishappy3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Athletic Brewing Co. makes non-alcoholic beer that actually tastes really good! 50-70 calories a can. You could alternate with alcoholic beer if you wanted.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Genuinely curious, OP: where does your conviction that some beers are good for weight loss come from? Why do you take it for granted that they must exist, even though you personally have no idea what they are? Why would so many people drink the “beer-belly” beers when there are perfectly good “non-beer-belly” beers out there?

There are no shortcuts. If you want to use calories on one thing, those calories can’t also be used for something else. You just have to wake up each morning and decide what’s important to you that day.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're looking for low-cal options, Shiner light blonde is pretty good for a light beer. 99 calories a bottle. Not my favorite ever but very good on a hot weekend afternoon.